Trying to renew NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Gez, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gez

Gez Registered Member

OK I have satellite broadband because terrestrial broadband isn't available where I am, in Ireland. The trouble is, my satellite provider are linked up to a German base. So every time I try to go to renew NOD online, even though I tell them 100 times I'm in Ireland, they take the liberty of telling me I'm not in Ireland -- I'm in Germany. Because they have second-guessed by my IP address that I have a German ISP. And the trouble is, I don't speak German. So I can't frigging renew my NOD!!! Why can't they just let us decide where we liveo_O ~snip~ removed expletive ~ Blackspear
    What do I do now? Anybody?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. Gez

Gez Registered Member

Thank you very much. Sorry about the temper tantrum -- short-tempered, red-headed Irishman here! What do you expect!?
    :)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No worries, we just have to keep in mind the broader community.

Cheers :D

5. Gez

Gez Registered Member

Mailed them straight away last Thursday (1st February) as you suggested -- still awaiting reply. Great antivirus -- terrible service. Currently relying on the trial version of another AV product to keep me protected. Not good enough NOD32 -- just not good enough.

6. Gez

Gez Registered Member

In fact it seems that the problem isn't my satellite broadband at all but rather that the Irish website is simply redirecting to the German server. Could anyone confirm this for me please?
    So when I try to renew by going directly to eset.com I am redirected to the Irish website, which then redirects me to the German website, which redirects me back to the Irish website, ad infinitum. This is just SOOO frustrating. All I'm trying to do is renew my annual subscription, which ran out last week.
    :(

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Sounds like a phone call would be a better option in this case.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is the reply I received from the Irish distributor:

I have no contact details for him and received no email even though he says he sent one on Feb 1st. Can you either contact him and tell him to email support[at]nod32.ie ... Our lo-call telephone number is 1890 32 22 32 (within Ireland)

9. Gez

Gez Registered Member

OK,
    this is the text of the email I sent to sales[at]nod32.ie Thursday 1st Feb, 1.43am :

Hi
    I am trying to renew my NOD32 antivirus (Windows XP single user licence) online but whenever I click Purchase I am redirected to the German NOD website, because my satellite broadband connection is routed through Germany and the website assumes I am in Germany. Please advise how to proceed with renewal in English!
    Thank you!
    Gerard L***.

I'll try support[at]nod32.ie instead but sales[at]nod32.ie really should get to him considering this email address is advertised on the website. And the mail didn't bounce either. Thanks for your continuing help. I have reinstalled NOD using the details you kindly gave me and I think it is a really excellent antivirus, compared to the other top antivirus product I was using for the week. It is fast and didn't miss a beat on a customer's virus-riddled hard disk. Things like licence renewal just shouldn't be so difficult and frustrating though.
    Many thanks again,
    Gerard.

10. Gez

Gez Registered Member

Finally managed to renew my licence, thanks to webyourbusiness at nod32usa.com, and thanks also to Marcos who provided me with a temporary username and password.
    I'm still not sure whether the problem with the Irish website defaulting to the German shop is caused by my satellite broadband routing through a German provider or by the site itself. Anyway, that's one problem out of the way for another year!
    Thanks everybody,
    Gerard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.