Trying to recall a system security readyness scanner..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Crappopotamus, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

You could go to it, and it would scan your system and tell you what components were missing or not up to date. It's been some time, but I think they also had some other 'pay' anti-virus.

I'm thinking the company started with an 'I', but searching isn't helping me any today.

Anyone? If you have a great utility or website that does the above, please feel free to mention it too.

thanks

2. guest

guest Guest

No idea about the one you're trying to recall. But an alternative: Secunia. They have a web service (requires Java plugin) and installable software.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yeah was it Secunia PSI? :)

Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) 3.0.0.7011
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/secunia_personal_software_inspector_(psi).html

4. Crappopotamus

5. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Another software with this type of functionality (vulnerability scanner) is Rising PC Doctor. It mainly finds windows updates and hotfixes for you that Windows Update doesn't download automatically.

I should warn people that it has received a terrible rating of 2/5 on majorgeeks.com, although I'm not sure why as I never had any trouble with it. The only reason I stopped using it was that I wasn't sure I needed those vulnerability fixes and it never found any trojans or spyware so I decided my regular AV suite was enough.

6. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

Quickly checks a few things, Adobe (Flash, Reader etc), Java, Browser, Media Players, MS Updates, OS security & service packs & AV updates etc

https://browsercheck.qualys.com/

7. Crappopotamus

I found this in my search, seems decent, thanks!

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You're welcome, see you around ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.