Trying to Push Installations but they Fail

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by hackerjoe, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hackerjoe

hackerjoe Registered Member

Hi All,

I'm new to ESET and I'm having a hard time of trying to push out installations to clients. I called the Helpdesk but they didn't seem to want to walk me through setting everything up. They were happy to send me som setup instruction but I found them not very helpfull.
    Well heres some of the errors . I can ping the PC as its right next to me as well are several others I'm trying to install Anitvirus to. Theres no firewall and the admin shares and IPC$ shares look ok. 1 other thing is I'm a Domain Admin and using those credentials !!! Thanks for anyhelp in advance.
    Joe
    1st file !!!!!
    Computer: *********
    Domain: *******
    Get Info Diagnostics, server: Esetsvr, user: ********
    Setting IPC$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Reading (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)
    Remote Install Diagnostics, server: Esetsvr, user: ********
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Copying ESET Installer Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

2nd file
    Computer: ***********
    Domain: *******
    Get Info Diagnostics, server: Esetsvr, user: ********
    Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Reading (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)
    Remote Install Diagnostics, server: Esetsvr, user: ********
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection Result Code: 53 (The network path was not found.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

2. CrunchieBite

CrunchieBite Guest

I'd start by checking this KB article

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN82

The only times I have found a push not to work were on machines with firewalls running or machines which had previously had another security product installed which hadn't uninstalled nicely.

~M

3. hackerjoe

I went through everything on that list and it all looks ok, so is it possible that Nortons SAV 10.2 on these machines may be causing a conflict ?

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Nod32 will not install if it sees SAV is present. The application event log on the target systems should have this information for you.

5. hackerjoe

Ok so it won't install over SAV is there any other AntiVirus programs or Spyware programs it wont install over :doubt: ?

I wish support would have mentioned to me that you can't have anything else on the PC in order to push NOD32 out to it :rolleyes: !

Thank for the help :)
    We're actually trying several different AV programs before buying, how does this rate to the others out there ?? Lets say Vipre, BitDefender, SEP o_O??

6. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

It will not install over the top of existing products that have real-time scanners because they can conflict and cause system instability. I am guessing there is a big list somewhere for what it checks for, but I do not have it on hand. The application event log will give you far more information about what exactly stopped the install if the service was invoked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.