trying to learn

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stephenjg_2001, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephenjg_2001

stephenjg_2001 Registered Member

OK, so i consider myself more skilled than the average person in terms of computers because i like to learn about them. The thing i want to learn more about is security. I know how most work but im looking for advice on how to setup a combination of ESS and chrome to be as secure as possible. I have only had 4 problems ever because im pretty cautious(3 were a exploit in Java) but every so often i want to check out an ad on Facebook and the other person who uses my computer goes to ~ Removed URL As Per TOS ~ and there are ads on there that im worried will drive by download if clicked. So long story short, What is the best combination of programs settings and do i need something else for root-kits etc. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
  2. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

REFORMAT! (smiley)

3. stephenjg_2001

stephenjg_2001 Registered Member

sorry i was unclear, i didnt mean to ask what to do if you get infected but the best setup with ESS and chrome to be as secure as possible, maybe adding another program.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.