Trying to get this program working. 4th time.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AdrianinOZ, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdrianinOZ

AdrianinOZ Guest

My aim?

To do a clean install of windows, load up all my windows updates and basic essential programs then do an image of that.

Then I plan to simply use TI7 to load it back up many months down the track instead of a full reinstall.

I assume that is possible (hope so that's why I bought the program!).

Problems:
    I created the bootdisc no worries onto a CD.
    I created an image fine of the partition.
    Now after reading for 4 hours through this support forum I am confused as to whether I should have imaged the whole drive.

If i have a 120 gig hdd, it doesn't make sense to image the lot if I only wanted the 10 gig windows part of it...

It said I was missing a few files on bootup and I have tried fixboot and also tried copying them into my C: root directory. Sometimes it then goes to the win xp splash, then a blue login screen without any details on it - just a smaller splash of XP.

I have read references to sysprep but haven't found instructions as to it's use that address all the options.

I have downloaded the latest version, my O/S is XP, and i have two partitions - one C: and a G: TI7 secure partition thingy.

I don't want to create people extra work but I couldn't find a step-by-step walkthrough on how to use the program.

And I am a bit disappointed in TI7 as the box/manual/website says it's newbie friendly and able to be done from windows.

Note that I have had no problems creating images - just restoring has always failed.

Methods used:
    1) I threw it to a network drive
    2) Burned a copy onto a dvd and loaded off that
    3) Created a partition and tried that (big fail with many boot errors and fixboot attempts)
    4) Whatever you guys can suggest!

I am time pressured as this computer I'm on I am selling tomorrow with the guy coming to pick it up and I hope to have it solved by then *fingers crossed*

So can someone please steer me in the right direction? I wish this was all click and voila like the website indicates.

2. AdrianinOZ

AdrianinOZ Guest

Update:
    I managed to load an image from the hidden TI archive, but I want to be able to load from a blank C: as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone that may reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.