Trying to do a backup, but...

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by SnidelyWiplash, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnidelyWiplash

SnidelyWiplash Registered Member

Hi to all,
    I had an issue a little while back about trying to make recovery media on an SD card. As it turns out apparently paragon does not support that, because I just tried using a new USB thumb drive and it went through without a slip. But now I have another issue actually doing the backup action. I ran through the wizard just fine, but after applying with the commit button the process seemed to start just fine so I ran off to handle some other issue of life and when I returned several minutes later I found the backup had ended in failure with the following error message:

error source: Hard Disk Manager
    error code: 0x12016

Can anyone tell me what this is and how I can resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can be.
    SW

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Try to change Hot Backup Options:
    - Open Paragon program in full scale
    - Go to Tools-Settings-Hot Processing Options
    - Check if "Enable Hot Processing" is selected
    - Choose Paragon Hot Processing in Hot processing technology section
    - Select "Use hot processing only when partition is locked"
    - Press OK
    Check if backup now works.

3. SnidelyWiplash

SnidelyWiplash Registered Member

Hi Mach_An,

I tried your suggestions and here is what happened. At first everything seemed to be going well. It completed the backup and said to close the window, but before I had the chance to do that another message window popped up with the message that the process failed, because it couldn't read (file?) I can't remember exactly what it said. But anyway I decided to attempt backing up again if for no other reason than to have another look at those messages. Unfortunately shortly after starting the write process, windows detected a problem and shut down to prevent damage. (Blue screen) I can't remember the last time I saw a blue screen in anything other than pictures in magazines. This machine has always been stable as a rock and faster than lightning. This was not a comforting experience.
    I really don't know what to do next. Maybe running paragon is not such a good idea? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    SW

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

What antivirus do you have?

Please switch to VSS back and run CHKDSK C: /f from the command line. (it requires restart). Perform CHKDSK for all partitions.

Once completed, check if backup works.

Do you have another backup program installed (e.g. Northon Ghost or Acronis) ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.