trying to delete folder and get access denied

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by winterlord, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winterlord

winterlord Registered Member

hi, im trying to delete a folder on my computer.

the folder to be exact is the windows 7 OS folder thats on a different hard drive. i cannot format the other hard drive because it has to much usefull stuff i dont want to loose

basicly i installed windows twice once on the main hard drive and once on the storage drive.

now i need to delete the windows folder on the storage/backup drive.

i tried under administrator to change file attributes and unselected read only.

still i get an acces denied cant delete folder. how can i bypass this?

the msg i get when trying delete is access denied by trusted installer

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

4. winterlord

winterlord Registered Member

ok, im usig that unlocker program to try and delete the windows folder i have on my storage hard drive wich is in no way connected to my booting operating system.

but i have some questions. the windows folder was about 9-12gb in size, but unlocker has been running for about 2hours now and its not even over half way there is still about 8gb to go.

i know this by consitently checking to see how big the folder is as well as emptying recycle bin ever now and then.

my question is should it take this long? its been 2 hours and my guess is it would run for probably another 6 hours. does this sound right?

any guesses. has anyone used unlocker before? why does it take so long? i have a core i7 computer so my pc is fast and it seems to be taking forever.

now i am running on a x32bit operating system and the windows folder i am deleting was a x64bit windows instalation just a side note.

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I believe the last time I tried unlocker it installed adware on my machine even though I chose not to install it during installation. Do you know if it still contains adware?

6. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Softpedia ranks it as Ad-supported.

During setup, Un-check these options:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      60.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  7. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Mr.PC, I will have to try as you explained while in Shadow Mode. The last time I tried unlocker it installed it's adware / junkware even after I unticked the following as you mentioned above. Luckily I was trying it out in Shadow Mode. NOD 32 flags it as Adware if I remember correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.