Trying to clone drive but get error message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fragman, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fragman

Fragman Registered Member

I am using Version 10 just downloaded it, cloned okay, switched the new cloned drive to master and took out old drive but keep getting error loading operating system.....happened 3 times now, I own version 9 and never had this problem before any help?:doubt:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What error messages are you getting?

What OS are you using?

It might be as easy as either remaking the boot sector/boot.ini file or an XP repair. It might also be something more serious.

Colin

3. Fragman

Fragman Registered Member

here is the error message------error loading operating system (stops during post with this message)

using windows xp sp2

if I reformat the cloned drive and plug the old one back in it's just fine....operating system is just effected on the cloned drive, I do a scandsk on the cloned drive and everything checks out okay...I am thinking of just uninstalling version 10 of AI and putting on version 9.

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I think something has happened to the MBR - do you have a floppy drive or the XP CD to hand?

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.