Try Spy Sweeper

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by pdmike, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdmike

pdmike Registered Member

I have been fighting the about:blank, browser home page hijacker, for three weeks now. I have downloaded about 6 programs people have told me to download. Three of these, I paid for. Now, I learn that at least two of the programs I downloaded (one of which I paid for) actually contain spyware themselves.

I spent $125.00 on my guru who was here for 5 hours (that's right, $25 per hour - he is very reasonable and very good) and he couldn't fix it. I was on the phone for four hours with the guy from India ($35 Microsoft charge for that one, thank you very much). He didn't have a clue.

Today, I was listening to my car radio to some computer guys. They said: "Go to a Web site called Webroot.com and download a program called Spy Sweeper." I did. I installed it (free for 30 days and then the obligatory $29.95) and I used it.

It found and wiped out 22 spyware incidents on my computer and 1 trojan virus that NONE of the other programs (including CWShredder) even knew existed.

I paid for it and will use it from now on. So far (keep fingers crossed) things look pretty clean on my computer and my beloved Alta Vista IE home page comes up every time. Hopefully, the dreaded about:blank is gone forever.

Hope this helps someone.

pdmike

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

U can always follow the instructions here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

then post your HJT log right here and the experts will tell u if it is really gone or not. ;) :D

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.