Try&Decide Driver Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kanangus, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanangus

kanangus Registered Member

1. I updated the original installation of TI with the following update: TrueImage11.8053_s_en.exe

2. The application performed flawlessly until I attempted to increase the size of the ASZ on the partitioned internal hard drive.

3. Despite selecting a single partitioned drive (G:) to provide the free space (to increase ASZ from 60 GB to 100 GB) which had well in excess of 40 GB of free space on rebooting I found that TI had deleted two other partitions, the data on which fortunately I have backed up in order to create the new ASZ.

4. Since, I have done a full uninstall, comprehensive registry clean, and re-install (on two occasions) I still cannot use the Try&Decide option as I still get the same error message regarding and error of the Try&Decide driver.

5. I have had a 120 GB external hard connected during the intial attempt at re-sizing the ASZ.

6. I have run scandisk on the G: drive and it has found no bad sectors.

I cannot think of anything else that I can do. Can you help in getting Try& Decide to work again?

The error log from the last attempt is as below:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log build="169" product="Acronis*True*Image*Home" task="A2DF0085-E2CF-43D8-826D-CABD924C5153" uuid="12C725E1-E919-4A7E-B224-224DF2B21D46" version="1.0">
    <event code="2" id="1" level="2" message="The &quot;Current manage Acronis Startup Recovery Manager operation&quot; operation started" module="100" time="1205697152" />
    <event code="504" id="2" level="2" message="Pending operation 8 started: &quot;Resizing partition&quot;" module="1" time="1205697157" />
    <event code="504" id="3" level="2" message="Pending operation 12 started: &quot;Creating partition&quot;" module="1" time="1205697181" />
    <event code="1003" id="4" level="3" message="Reboot is required.
    A reboot is required for completing this operation; the operation will be cancelled if you choose not to reboot now.
    : reBoot/Cancel" module="11" time="1205697273" />
    <event code="1003" id="5" level="2" message="Reboot is required.
    A reboot is required for completing this operation; the operation will be cancelled if you choose not to reboot now.
    : reBoot/Cancel: User replied: reBoot" module="11" time="1205697282" />
    <event code="124" id="6" level="2" message="Preparing Acronis Startup Recovery Manager..." module="100" time="1205697282" />
    <event code="500" id="7" level="4" message="Failed to read data from the disk.
    Failed to read from the sector 319,227,678 of the hard disk 1: Retry/Ignore/ignore All/Cancel" module="1" time="1205697282" />
    </log>

ASZ has been created ok it is just that I cannot access it with the Try&Decide utility.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kanangus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please run "chkdsk /r" on all partitions your system hard drive and see if that solves the problem?

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. bitemeborb

bitemeborb Registered Member

Let me know if the Try&Decide feature is ever fixed by Acronis. I installed True Image 11 on a new laptop. It seems to work fine until I used the Try&Decide feature. I created a 10Gb Safe Zone as instructed. When I opened Try&Decide it told me it could not load the driver and to reboot or reload the program. I did both of those and nothing fixed the problem.

Right now I have been waiting for 2 days for Acronis support to get back to me, but for now they seem to be absent like many customer support services.

As a new user to Acronis, I am not very impressed. Maybe tech support will get back to me so we can work together to fix this issue. Maybe then I will change my opinion.

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Your problem with T&D and a laptop, might be due to the way the laptop manufacturer has placed his/her OEM image on the drive and may also have a non standard boot code lurking, as well as some BIOS/Hardware pairings.

Could you post which brand of laptop you have and what OS it is running?

As an example, many Dell users have had problems with various things and TI especially those that had a certain version of Media Centre.

Colin

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Just my personal view of the Try& Decide feature.
    Form time to time computers need to be re-booted this is particularly true when some programs are installed.
    Anything in the T&D zone will be lost when the computer is re-started.

For this reason I have not wasted any time in considering the T&D feature .
    Instead I have made sure that my backup and recovery procedures work 100%. Knowing this I can experiment and try all sorts of progams on a live system. If I like the result I keep it on board; If I don't a restore to a previous image is all that is required.

Xpilot

6. Acronis Support

Hello bitemeborb,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Meanwhile, could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please collect a screenshot of the error message.

Then please send the collected files with a reply to the message with Acronis request number you received.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. sophiesam

sophiesam Registered Member

Same here except I get no reply from Acronis. Since early last month I have tried three times for support, the last two tries having waited weeeks for an answer. I have sent all required info and got three ticket numbers. I don't think Acronis have an answer to this, I just wish they'd own up and tell me to go elsewhere.
    This is a pity because they've always been OK before!

8. bitemeborb

bitemeborb Registered Member

1. My request # is 1601390.
    2. Acronis Help Post has a "dead" Acronis Report Utility "The requested URL '/support/AcronisReport.exe' was not found on this server."
    3. Build 8101

9. Acronis Support

Hello bitemeborb,

Thanks you for clarification. We've been experiencing some problems with our download server, but you should be able to download Acronis Report utility now. Please collect the requested information and send it with a reply to the last e-mail received.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. Acronis Support

Hello sophiesam,

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.