truth behind the pc

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

will guys sorry i ant been around as much i been killing myself over this pc lol

i learnd alot from the experince

a.it isnt fun reformating and wipeing out your hard drive lol

b. Gateway pc suck there tech suport is great but not as good as wilders lol

c.never buy a gate way pc and im going to tell you why

although gateway is a name brand there are several horriable things wrong with geting one

heres just a few to mention

spechial gateway specfic hard ware

what does that mean lol usealy means only people that can fix your gateway is gateway lol mofo's

in order to make more money gateway pc has spechial hardware in alot of there pc's so the only way to get most of it is threw them.

this is extreamly limiting your options to just walk in to a pc repair store and have it repair for like 40 to 50 bucks when gateway charges in the hundreds lol

2nd worst thing in the world gateway pc come with everything when you buy them lol but when you reformat them and clean them out prepare for a nasty surprise.

in most caseses some one that dont bother to take the time to lern more about there pc will never even notice lol but turns out those gateway instilation disks dont have everything in them

certin drivers are missing it dont set up things properly for example micrsoft back up utlity is indeed in the restoration disks but lol get this

it never installs from the restoration disks lol

my millinume keybord drivers that are in the restoration disks lol they dont install 100 percent only a parthial install

translation your missing important stuff that inless your a security newby you will never know lol

i recomend doing the following always buy a customized pc have it made for you in some cases it cost more money but in the long run can save you hundreds of dollars

when haveing a pc made for you ask for a copy of everything that went into it manufature parts ect ect all nicely printed out and laminate that sucker lol

and most important thing you must make sure lol

make sure you get a cd with absolutley every darn thing drivers software ect ect upgrades i mean every thing on cd from the guy makeing your pc

last and final thing makesure you take an hour of free time pay the guy 40 bucks and tell him that you want him to show you step by step how to reinstall the software hoow to reinstall patchs and drivers lol its worth the money

pay it once so yu never have to have some one do it for you

that way only thing you ever have to take your pc in for is when something really breaks lol

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

geez Blaze I hate to say it my good friend but you seem to be a big magnet for this kinda trouble :eek:

I love my custom PC as well; that's for sure!

So, Paul; when will the online catalogue of custom "Wilders PCs" be ready? ;)
    The "hitch" on these computers would be the varying levels of pre-installed security that would be available (at extra cost of course) and the great tech support already found at this forum :D

3. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

May I also suggest that DriveImage a/o Ghost might save a lot of heartache, too? :)

4. Mr.Blaze

nope go back the best lol at least the ones that came with gateway lol

trueimage seems to be rel newby frindly

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Detox,

Grin..How about a cdrom coming with the essential software?

Cash flow, pre-funding, distribution, break-even point :p - nice idea nevertheless!

Finally, an easy one: thanks for the compliment! :)

regards.

paul

6. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Not only Gateway Blaze but all of them..when they come off the line from Manufacturing and final test..have drivers and other software installed including the Bios that are hardware specific...that means for the video cards and all the other subassembiles that make up that PC and model...then they ship with it the standard..CD's and what they have to give you from M$...now here is the problem guy..when you do not do to their site and get all those special drivers etc..before you even start you reformat..then you are going to end up with the standard drivers and such that are on the CD's and from M$ on their CD's the plug n play will sense the hardware and then give you its best guess at what will work on that hardware..most of the time this is cool..but not always since M$ does not have all the drivers..and what ones it does have are only going to be as NEW as the release date on the CD they ship with your PC...so it it up to you or your tech to know what update drivers and fixes are needed...those CD might have been made in 1999 and your serial number of hardware might have come off the line in 2001...so thats the deal.. and you can do it all without a tech..even get the right phoenix bios..but you have to know what it is all about..have the manual and not just the CD's and if you do reformat..save nothing off your OLD third party proggies except the data files of your own you want to keep..becuase in most cases they too are old and have updates or revisions..the free one are one the NET and the ones you pay for you should have a CD or the company should have a way to get you set up again..if they do not..you are buying from the wrong people.

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

hey anytime so long as it's so well deserved :cool:

I guess this means we'll settle for the CD...

"Greatest Hits of the Wilders Forum"

8. Mr.Blaze

:Dhi Primrose yup but it sucky cause i think some of the drivers they used wernt in the cd's

well my pc perfect now except for two anoying things and its really buging me

i spend so much time makeing it perfect with what i got updates patchs latest drivers updated security go back you name it anything within my power lol msconfig

i clean it up so good that its faster then my dads newer pc which has double or more power then mine lol

thats from the fact i learn so much here at wilders and gav

but heres the two anoying things

my ms agents that i have a cool collection of not the lame microsoft ones but the cool ones

snif snif i cant run them in microsoft word like i use to

i put the ms agents asc or acs files in ms agent folder
    C:\WINDOWS\MSAGENT\CHARS

dowenloaded all the microsoft stuff to run them even updated my microsoft word

but when i go to select assistant only the standard ones can be selected sucks

i try everything even reinstalling microsoft word grrr i use to have the grim reaper as an assitant

2nd anoying thing i cant get my juno mail after i installed opra 7 something the new one

i can only get my mail if i use opra as a browser

other then that my pc perfect

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

sounds mostly very nice then Blaze! good work!

10. Primrose

Well let's start with the Juno mail..do you mean when you work it off the server when you go to this site with your browser...http://webmail.juno.com/

and I lost you up there about this statement...2nd anoying thing i cant get my juno mail after i installed opra 7 something the new one

i can only get my mail if i use opra as a browser

both of those are Opra you mentioned...

but you use Juno4, I think and within it you download your mail to your PC and that has nothing to do with a browser....but it is true you can work your mail at the JUNO contracted servers with the link I posted about with your browser only....that way you never really download anything unless there is an attachment you click on but then that should display in your browser window and not really download to you but if it is a picture..it will be in your TIF file since it was display....

so i am a little confused..unless you mean mayber the juno web mail site will not work with your new Opra 7

Try saving the above link in your favorites and get to the log in site for juno that way

Also you should know that since you reformatted..most likely the drivers for your modem are the default ones that plug and play found in the .cab files from Micrisoft. Since M$ wants you PC to work when you do install the OS again...it goes to that cabinent to find drivers...they puts lots of them in there..trying to cover all the modem board know to mankind..and then of course as many software drivers they have in their data base at the time..some from Lucent technolongies..etc etc..now some of them will work and most likely you did let the Installation process just go for a defualt one....but there could be better ones out there just like video drivers etc etc..those of course your get from your manufacter of your PC if they are nice enough to have a copy of them for you to download then replace in your system those that M$ just picked by default.

But then sometimes Gateway does not even have the best ones...so that is a little tricking...but there are ways to make it dial faster and get you a better connection etc etc.

LOL hugs kid,,that is all for today.

11. Primrose

OK I have more time..Now if you are talking about you can not get your JUNO to download the mail to you becuae you only have the Opera browser..and have not installed the IE browers also..and then told your ystem that IE will be your DEFAULT browsers in all cases....especially for your JUNO mail to download to you..and then also gone into IE and set it for JUNO to be the email client..then i do understand..because JUNO uses IE as its vehicle to do this and in reality JUNO is just an overlay STMP thingie that uses IE to do its thing....when other peps use OE or some other mail cleint proggie to do their email download.

So with Juno you do need the IE still on your system..and then set it to hook into JUNO with those IE setting.

12. Mr.Blaze

:D HI Primrose WOW THX FOR TAKEING THE TIME TO HELP ME OK ILL CLEAN UP MY BAD GRAMER HERE GOES LOL.

The other day i installed opera 7.11 the newest one that included javah.

i did not chose it as my default browser

Internet explorer is my default browser

when i go to juno main web site by default when i sighn on to juno

the option to check your mail at the main website.

i no longher can

when i click on check mail or any of my main controls fror my juno at the web site the internet explorer freezes

Heres the strange part if i go to juno with opera and click on my controls or e-mail on the web page it works like a charm =)

but i want my IE to be able to check my mail like befor

juno 4.0 dosenot reconize opera as any typ of browser if i try to only use opera i get the you are not browsing juno has disconected message lol

yup i can get e-mail threw juno 4.0 mail application but when i do that i get there advertisments sneaked into my mail lol

check it out you know those spam banneres and pop ups in juno lol they actualy upload those when you get your e-mail threw the juno maill software application lol

my juno right now dosent have any of that lol like to keep it that way lol

that why i check my mail by going t juno main web site lol

13. Primrose

OK.well I do have some bad new for you..on the main juno web mail page they do have ads now also..and a few days ago I noticed a cookie from double click :( :(

14. Mr.Blaze

lol i dont get spam maybe an add at the page like a animated gif but that it lol

i get no pop ups cause of my browser config i only get cookies i want ie wilders and gav lol

so no pop ups nothing juno 4,0 kick but

the way i config it way faster then aol on page load well at least on my 56 k modem and for 9 dollars and 99 cents lol

aol has mas spam from cookies to pop ups to built in spam to extra applications you dont want

and bulk e-mail spam

you know how much spam i got in my e mail since i sighned up to juno lol only 3 spam mails all from juno asking if i was intrested in this or that lol copare that to my 100 e-mail of aol spam lol

thers two things you have do when you get juno a config IE browser disable active scripting and javah and get a program called stay on pro lol

only enable active scripting when you need to edit your message bord profile use a credit card or change or modifie your juno acount or send email at there web site lol that it

not bad for 9.99 cent lol

bad part no suport there suport dont exsist in less you want to pay monet that suck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.