Trustware’s Holiday Giveaway- BufferZone Pro for Free

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Trustware, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Despite being February 1st, this offer appears to still be valid. How many of you are still using Bufferzone in your main setup o_O

2. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I have a laptop setup using the free BZ Pro. I like it as it is very simple to use. I've experienced no issues with it either. Light and unobtrusive.

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I've had BZ pro on my laptop since before this offer. I 'upgraded' to the newer version in the offer. It's all I use, although I do have MBAM and Hitman Pro both free on demand. I run them every couple of weeks. Nothing has ever gotten through Bufferzone.

4. IBadget

IBadget Registered Member

I've downloaded the free BufferZone Pro last Friday (January 28 ), and I'm loving it. I used to rely on Comodo Internet Security for malware protection, but after experiencing bugs which emptied the Trusted Vendor List, thereby causing pop-ups for legitimate applications, I uninstalled CIS and installed Avira Personal and Immunet Protect. Upon doing a search for BufferZone Free, I found the link to Trustware's homepage, which offered BufferZone Pro for free.

5. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

can you save bookmarks?

6. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I'm using it on a laptop and so far have not had any issues with it. I also noticed it was way past when they said the free pro offer would end and it is still being offered. Maybe they decided to make it free.

7. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

No simple way I've found. I copy the address, go out of bz, paste the link into the address bar and then save.

8. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Thanks for the replies!

Maybe they will leave the offer intact until they launch the 64bit version which is supposed to be this quarter.

9. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

The only issue I've had with bufferzone pro is the one I posted over at their forum. WHen I start firefox it won't open to a full window. I know this sounds kind of petty but I like when things work well the first time. I'm still waiting for a response over at the forum. Nothing yet. Support could be a little better. Its been viewed a bunch but nothing for about a month.

10. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Empty the BZ.

Right click FF's icon and open FF outside the BZ and make sure it's opening full screen.

Once you're sure it's opening full screen then open as per normal via BZ.

11. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Thanks for the info franklin. I actually already tried that and had no luck. Thats ok I already switched to sandboxie so all is well :)

12. tipo

tipo Registered Member

:D
    take a little guess! :D

13. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

Has anybody else failed to install the latest version of opera with Bufferzone. Even if you move it outside the Bufferzone it still installs inside? o_O

14. waters

waters Registered Member

Trusted

15. degarb

degarb Registered Member

BZ is an amazing product. If you spend a couple of days watching youtube reviews of products, you realize AV is just a game that you cannot win. While reviews of Bufferzone or returnil usually go, "well, not my tea, but nothing got passed". You realize after it sinks in Sandboxing is only fool proof way to avoid malware. Game over, move on. Like, hey this just ruined many a career, AV reviewers and makers. Hips is good too. So, my feeling is BZ and hips for main defense, and AV as just a side game to protect against anything I let out that may be bad.

BZ needs technical knowledge to let stuff out, while sandboxie needs knowledge to keep in. Thus BZ is good tool for shared profiles and computers.

So, I don't like sandboxie (really doesn't work in real world. For a single user testing sw, maybe.), virtualbox requires too much a machine, I love BZ, I distrust hueristic/behavior/signature/purveyors, but haven't tried geswall, shadow whatever. I guess if BZ times out and I have to pay, I will try geswall and shadow whatever, before deciding to purchase.

Downsides to BZ: some advanced features will need to click left arrow on gui (I missed for two weeks.), set on the max setting allowed some windows updates to install in bufferzone which almost made my computer unbootable (now use one notch lower, which isnot as secure if child on my machine). This needs to be fixed.

16. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi degarb, I can understand that you don't like Sandboxie but saying that
    it does not work in real world is wrong. Sandboxie is designed to be used
    every time you connect to the net and prevents all infections.
    If you use your imagination, it will keep you clean even after recovering
    files, Sandboxies protection will go as far as you want it to.
    All of the above makes Sandboxie the best real World application, IMO.

Bo

17. albsat

albsat Registered Member

I have one question. As I download a lot of files (in Download folder), is it possible to put this folder always sandboxes throgh Buffer Pro? If yes, how?

Thank you

18. albsat

albsat Registered Member

Ok, I found out that it is possible to add a folder through Bufferzone programs. Now every file in this has the bufferzone icon. how do I check that all the files in this folder are isolated?

19. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Every file on that folder or any file that has the BZ icon will open isolated
    from the rest of your system in the Buffer Zone.

Bo

20. koliko

koliko Registered Member

Will my browsers (Chrome and Firefox) be able to update automatically while surfing the net inside the BZ, or will I have to disable the BZ in order to allow the update?

21. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

You have to run them outside BZ.

Now as for me,i have a problem too with BZ.I can't see youtube videos with Chrome running inside BZ.The weird thing is i can see videos on all other sites and i don't have this problem with my other two browsers,IE9 and FF.Any thoughts about this?

22. lws

lws Registered Member

Looking for some opinions regarding BZ and browser extra protection. If you are using a browser, firefox, Google, i.e. within BZ, would it be necessay to use Prevx SOL for any extra protections against keyloggers or is BZ enough protection. Might as well include Spyshelter as well. Also this question could apply to sandboxie and geswall also. Curious to see some opinions.

Edit:And how about "drop my rights" within BZ as well. Is that necessay as well.

23. moontan

moontan Registered Member

that is probably because the Flash Player is part of Chrome.
    other browsers you have to download Flash separately.

i dont use BZ but i hope my answer puts you on the right path.

24. JoeBlack40

Well,i don't know about the right path,thank you btw,but....i updated flash player for non IE,and now it works.Sound stupid maybe,as you said,Chrome has a built in player,but why now works?I'm just happy that it works,you don't have always to have answers to be happy...:D

25. JoeBlack40

I don't do online banking,so for me SOL is useless.SS and Keyscrambler are more than enough for my usual passwords.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.