Trustware’s Holiday Giveaway- BufferZone Pro for Free

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Trustware, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks guest for correction. In that case, license should starts from day of installation. Does anybody know how to check remaining day?

2. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Is anyone using Kaspersky AV 2011 with BZ?

Just trying to see if they get a long.

3. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

What happens after the year is up? Does it work as the free version?
    Ice

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

I think it will revert to free version.

5. IceCube1010

thanks, I figured that. Pretty good protection for free.
    Ice

6. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Did they answer this question yet?

And/Or, if I have have this 1-year freebie installed and registered on some (x32) system or partition, will I be allowed to install/replace it with its 64-bit upgrade-build when it will be available about next month?

7. Rilla927

I asked about this in their forum, when I get a answer I will let you know. I also asked about how we can keep track of how many days are left on the license.

8. Rilla927

Sorry, I don't know how I ended up with two of the same posts. Please delete.

I know this program protects all partitions but I see no icon on internal drives in "My Computer" like I do for the floppy drive and DVD burner. It's protecting only the C drive.

If I install a browser with BZ shut down will it protect it automatically on a reboot and then start BZ?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  9. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Thanks for that Rilla927! :thumb:

10. Rilla927

I want to dump everything everytime I close the browser; how can I do that?(Solved).

It still not protecting my internal drives, only floppy and DVD burner. I don't know what's going on but now it's not even protecting the c drive. Is this a bug....

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  11. Rilla927

Do you meam the "Virtual" folder under C drive?

12. Rilla927

You mean like your setup or the other way around.

How do you manage to save any bookmarks?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  13. Rilla927

Trustware says if you need to reinstall just use the same installer.

They have not answered my question yet about how to keep track of your time left on license.

Their support is slow.

14. IceCube1010

This has been a sore spot with using BZ. I think it protects well enough but there are 2 things that irk me. 1. Saving bookmarks. I usually do a copy of the link and then use the surf outside of BZ and paste the link in the new session and save it. Then exit out of the session and its there when I start a BZ session. 2. Automatically clean after you close a BZ session. I know they have scheduled intergals but I like SBIE's approach to this when you exit the browser session you can delete the contents. Now I need to open the front-end and select empty the BZ and tick the boxes.

Ice

15. Rilla927

Yes, I agree. I asked in their forum if they plan on fixing the issue with saving bookmarks and they said it will be fixed in a future release. How soon, who knows.

I really like this program but this problem made go back to SB.

16. IceCube1010

I'm on the fence with that. I love SBIE but really like BZ. Not sure yet. I don't save bookmarks too often but it bothers me when I have to jump around to save them. The cleannig of the virtual stuff should really be an option if you exit out of the browser.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to All
    Ice

17. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

This from BZ, Dec 2, 2010

Hi (name removed),

The giveaway is for one year.

Efrat Schneider
    Marketing Manager

TRUSTWARE

I don't know whether BZ reverts to free or if the above means it stays full but no upgrades.

18. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

My Dad just got a new laptop and is going to give me the one he was using as soon as he gets all his files off of it. I am planning on using an OA license on it as well as something like Bufferzone. I was leaning toward Bufferzone to take advantage of the free offer for the pro version. My question is how does it compare to Sandboxie or GeSWall as far as the level of protection it offers.

19. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

I'm taking advantage of the free license. Question. Is there an easy way to attach documents to an email (gmail, yahoo, hotmail) while in buffer zone? Any help appreciated.

20. IceCube1010

What I needed to do was remove the mydocuments entry in confidential files. I was able to attach my files locatedi in mydocuments with gmail. At first I didn't see my files. I believe you will still be protected in the bufferzone.

Ice

21. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

After reading into this BufferZone seems like a rather good application. I grabbed a key and I think I will try this when I have some time. It may be the application I have been looking for.

22. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

I though about that but wondered if it would leave my documents open to any malware inside of bufferzone?

23. IceCube1010

I know, it's a little misleading. Probably, if malware was to run inside the bufferzone, it would be able to read those files now. I really don't give a hoot about that since I don't keep any important info in that particular directory. You basically want BZ to protect your system from getting infected. Any important stuff you need to attach via email you would have to move out of confidential files. I'm not an expert with the software by any means but it seems pretty good, along with a good free AV and you have a pretty secure setup. I also like SBIE and GeSWall which has simillar protection.

Ice

24. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Bufferzone is leaking badly here and I dunno why as Boyfriend tested and has no leaks.

Uninstalled the Pro version and installed the free version and still seeing the same in files being created on the real system.

If anyone else is setup for testing and willing to try out what I'm seeing then send me a pm.

25. vhick

vhick Registered Member

I also see also the files being created in the real system like files that I download but with the extension of ".virtual". Its a small in size and you need to put this file outside the bufferzone to see the real file.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.