Trustport 2015 line released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marciocruz, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Okay then, they did not change the test results. One would assume, to say the least, that these results were the ones from the last test they participated at AV Comparatives. I find still incredible how a company can boast good results achieved 5 years ago as recent in a 2015 copyrighted homepage...

2. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

You and Mayhana and zfactor are the most people I trust

I do share the nuggets, I get to fix people's PCs and try a lot of AVs on them as well. Right now I am married to Total Security Essentials as the FREE AV Solution :)

j00 d4 M4N

And the main reason I decided the refund, ignoring the DPI Scaling Issue as Mayhana said "how often do you look at the GUI? it's the protection and lightness that matter right?"..... what really killed it......even before I activate the license I bought on any pc.......just moments after I bought it......I read this.......and I was done.....that's when I requested for the refund right away.....I was no nuisance to anyone......

3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

yep I do realise that it eliminates quite a few,as for your other point about the prevalence,Bitdefender has licensed (if that is the correct term) their tech out for years to 3rd parties and has both them and avg produce free products they are both very prevalent,I often wonder as well how would these licensees go on if one of the core products was purchased by a bitter rival,no I will stick to companies who actually develop what they market

4. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Valid points. I have thought about this myself. Sometimes it's not good to give a potential competitor your engine. Trend has their engine in ASUS routers, but keeps it proprietary, and will not release code to ASUS. So it works through an API handshake, but ASUS doesn't really know anything more about the Trend protection. That way Trend can keep trade secrets - secret.

5. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Who actually deals with router based product?Trend as they would if their product was on a pc or Asus as its their piece of kit,a product on hardware isn't really the same as one software company utilising another's product,well it doesn't seem so to me,it's a bit like buying dell or something and finding some 3rd party software pre-installed,the software vendor will usually still support it,even if sometimes in a bit of a convoluted way

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Back to TP, I have really starting liking this product. Thrown it away 5 times and brought it back 5 times. Something about it is just plain "Captivating"

7. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Still running it here, on 12 machines (6PC license X2 for 2 years). Flawless so far, and last night it snagged OpenCandy being installed in the background on my sons system. I love the zero system impact, and double engines. Developers tell me a new version is due out in a matter of days with further improvements, and a bug I found will be fixed.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thanks for the update mayahana

9. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Also, known bug - allegedly I was the first to report it.. Peerblock 1.2 can 'break' if it runs with Trustport but only with the HIPS on. Something with the way Peerblock accesses protected areas. The developers tell me they have a fix in the works for this on the next update as well. Norton 2015 is my second love, I think about it often. But the draw of Trustport is too much. It's so feature packed, unbloated, and provides me with confidence of 2 engines, and a very robust traditional HIPS.

Interestingly. Every detection I have had with it so far have been with the Argon Engine (AVG), and the Heuristic aspect of Argon. Not what I was expecting.

10. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Mayahana bring'in it. Helping improve the product... and thus helping Wilders members with a better AV experience.

That's what I'm talk'in 'bout.

-Frank

11. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Installed the trial yesterday night.
    Seems to be three engines there: Argon (AVG?), in-house, and Xenon(?).
    (they seem to like inert gas names...)

Not much more to say for now, didn't have the time to play with it yet.

12. wert33

wert33 Registered Member

Argon = AVG, Xenon = bitdefender

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

still using it and liking it. Here is a great deal for Trustport Total Security free for one year.

~ Removed Link as per Policy - Limited Offer to Chip Czech Readers ~

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  14. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Installed the AV though, not Total Protection, but thanks for the tip!

15. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

How light is Trustport on your system(s)?

16. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

When I tested it, it was the lightest AV I have ever used

17. Trooper

Wow nice. I may give it a look. Thanks.

18. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

You will be super pleased, why don't I use it? I'd rather not say just bad experience with their customer support

19. Trooper

Understand. Assuming you had issues with it then yes?

20. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

Nothing big but me as a perfectionist cannot except any quirks in my AV

The problem I had is, I have an HD screen in my Alienware 18 lappy so in order for thins to not look tiny, I have to set a DPI scaling of 125% but Trustport AV ignores the scaling of Windows and thus the main GUI has parts of it chopped off. I only discovered this after buying the license so when I contacted support they said they will not fix that and they stopped answering once I asked for a refund but PayPal refunded my money after they failed to respond to PayPal as well, took about 3 weeks but finally I got my refund.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely it offers great protection from Dual Engines and is surprisingly light as a feather, no http scanning, no bloat, no addons, no requirement to create an account, just a pure good av.

Test before you buy that's all I can say now if it works then u have a gem if an AV

21. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Always looking for a light AV, especially on my oft traveled netbook. I notice config. similarities with ESET (due to both Czech?) I like the spartan functionality. Boot times, however (compared to “another light AV” (name withheld)) went from 22 seconds to 34 seconds.

I may opt for it on my desktop.

22. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

When I first used it and went into the options menu, for a SecoND I thought I was using NOD32, very nice and clean

23. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Just turn off the boot time scan. When you install the product, the advanced installer configuration options give you the choice of disabling 3-4 things, and one of them is the boot time scan. I unchecked all of the options on advance installation. You'd have to dig through the config and see if you can disable boot time scan, but I assume it's there.

24. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Is this an option after install?

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I think

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.