Trusteer Rapport useful?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Igloo, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Igloo

Igloo Registered Member

Hi, I'm a new user here. A friend told me to write here my questions about computer security. I was curious about a free software called Rapport and developed by security company Trusteer.

I know this software is given out by an international bank for free to their customers to protect their personal informations.

Now I've found this thread on sysinternals forum:

http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17208

looks like a hacker has been able to break this software. This isn't good for both this security company and the bank.

What do you think? It's really so useless installing this software? Is this security company reliable?

Thank you :)

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I would say its a useful layer of security to have. I'm sure a lot security products can be broken which is why a layered security setup is wise. I haven't used the program in a while as strangely enough i found it somehow corrupted my dvd ripping program. I had to remove it in order for the program to function correctly again.

4. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I tried it with Sandboxie and ditched it because I was unable to delete
    the sandbox it was running in. Was some time ago but I think it was a service
    that remained in the sandbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.