TrueImageMonitor - Help Needed Please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MagicBytes, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicBytes

MagicBytes Registered Member

Hello, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and True Image Backup V9.0 Build 3845, is there any way I can make the TrueImageMonitor.exe in my system tray have Adminisrive rights to run, so that I don't have to keep giving permission every time I start my pc, I have tried going into programs files folder and right clicking on the TrueImageMonitor.exe file and enabled it to Run as Administrator, saved my changes then rebooted my machine, but it didn't work, I did try and look for a solution on this forum and searched the Acronis Web Site for a patch, but did not find a solution, does any one have a fix for this one please, I'd be greatful for your time and input.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers MagicBytes :)

2. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

I'm afraid there is only one way round this issue, that is to turn off UAC (User Account Control), i know some people won't turn UAC off or won't agree with my choice, but i have UAC permanently turned off.

3. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

Note that TI10 does not appear to have this problem - I assume it elevates itself assuming the account that started it allows it. I also assume that was part of the "Vista compatibilty" feature of TI10.

4. MagicBytes

Hello Everyone, Thanks for the replies and your valuable time.

Personally I don't feel comfortable dissabling the (UAC) "User Account Control" as this would defeat my purpose for investing in Windows Vista, I might as well have saved my money purchasing Vista and stayed with Windows XP, as this is one of the main reasons why I purchased Windows Vista because of the High Level Security features, extra protection from hackers, spyware and adaware, viruses etc...

So if any one else has any suggestions, please leave me a reply to this posting, Thanks

5. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

Upgrade.

6. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Another solution is to make a rescue CD and then uninstall TI9 from your machine. Do all of your backing up and restoring from the rescue CD.

7. MagicBytes

Hello Again, yes upgrading would be a good option, but I only just purchased Acronis True Image Backup in april 2006, so I am hoping I wouldn't need to go that way yet, I will leave that as my last choice, thanks for your input. :)

As for creating a boot disk, well I have already created one, but I like the convenience of using Acronis True Image Back Up from my desktop too, one cool feature is the ability to look inside those *.tib archives and recover any lost files, really love this feature, this is what makes Acronis products stand out from the rest of there competitors software. :D :thumb:

If there are any more suggestions, I would love to read your input :)

Thanks again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.