trueimagemonitor.exe is startup/msconfig. Slow down computer and cause errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobhoffman, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobhoffman

bobhoffman Guest

Since installing the program I have noticed huge problems in performance.
    I made a backup of my drive (thank god) but acronis is on it.

How do I get the trueimagemonitor to not be in msconfig without the old 'unselect'. In other words, the program itself must have a setting right?

Problems encountered- whenever I delete an item in my explorer the 'deleting file' box comes up and never goes away. SOmetimes I can click it to close but the cancel does not work. Most times I need to ctrl alt delete and end process of my windows explorer. There is no other way.

Some problems in other areas too, alld ealing with files and file moving.

This program has severely slowed down the computer. Uninstalling it makes the computer run super fast. So how do I disable this stuff via the program itself and not by playing with the boot/msconfig/registry.

I was really happy with this program until I realized it is killing my operation oin my computer.

Bob

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

Acronis should not have caused the sort of problems you describe. You might try uninstalling it and seeing if the problems disappear. I've noticed no performance hit on my computer and certainly non of the sort of problems you describe after installing Acronis and I cannot remember seeing any other reports similar to yours so it is doubtful that Acronis is the cause. If it is then your computer is the only one I've heard causing such problems. Perhaps your computer is close to the minimum requirements for installing Acronis and that is causing the performance hit but I've seen it run on older slower computers without any problems.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Hi Bob,

This is very unusual. As far as I know there is no way to disable parts of the program within TrueImage.

It would be helpful if you posted details about your system: operating system, motherboard, CPU, memory, disk drives in interface, other software that relates to drives such as packet writing, disk optimization, etc.

4. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

if you download a program called
    starter

then goto Startuplist

then you can see exactly what you do need in your msconfig:

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.