TrueImageCmd.exe /filebackup /incremental not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sentrum, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sentrum

sentrum Registered Member

Hi Acronis Support,

We are running ATI Server 9.1 Build 3832. When running an incremental file based backup from the command line, such as the following:

TrueImageCmd.exe /filebackup /filename:"C:\file.tib" /include:"C:\dir_to_backup" /incremental

It does not work if a full backup has not already been performed, contrary to the expected behaviour being that if there is no a full backup to which to append an incremental one, a full backup will be created.

Can you please investigate.

Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sentrum,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that this is a normal behavior of Acronis True Image. Namely, if you perform back up manually (not using scheduled tasks), the full backup should be created prior to the incremental/differential backup.

Using scheduled tasks you can specify incremental or differential backup type during task creation. In this case, when the task runs for the first time the full backup will be created. Next backup will be of the selected type.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. sentrum

Hello,

I must disagree. The behaviour we are after is just as it works in the GUI and on p84 of the "True Image Server 9.1 for Windows" user guide it clearly states that the "/incremental" command line option does as follows:

"Set the backup type to incremental. If there is no a full backup to which to append an incremental one, a full backup will be created"

Please see the attached screenshot of the applicable section of the manual.

Attached Files:

4. Acronis Support

Hello sentrum,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I am sorry for misleading you with my previous reply.

Please note that this issue has been forwarded to the appropriate person. I will let you know the results of their investigation as soon as possible. As this can take a few days, we apologize in advance for any delay with response.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Acronis Support

Hello sentrum,

I have just received a reply from Acronis Development Team, please note that this issue was fixed and the fix will be included into the next build of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not set yet. As soon as the build will be available you will be able to download it from the "Product Update" section of your account on Acronis web site.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. sentrum

OK, sounds great. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.