TrueImageCmd.exe and Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by xkravenx, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xkravenx

xkravenx Registered Member

I can use TrueImageCmd to restore images using the command line. What are the parameters to use Universal Restore and use multiple mass storage drivers?

I am using:
    UR_PATH:C:\My Drivers Location\
    UR_DRIVER:C:\My Drivers Localtion\MYIDE.INF

I want to specify more than one mass storage INF file. How can I do that?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello xkravenx,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that you only need the mass storage driver for the drive which will host the restored operating system. The rest of mass storage drivers can be installed after the system boots.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. xkravenx

xkravenx Registered Member

What if I wanted to specify all the mass storage devices I had in our environment? The GUI version of TrueImage allows you to select multiple mass storage Drivers. Can the Command Line tool do the same?

We have one TIB image... we would like to restore this image into let's say 10 workstations. Each one of the workstations uses a different mass storage drivers. How can I make certain that Universal Restore Command Line can restore this image to those machines?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello xkravenx,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that the Command Line tool only allows to specify one custom mass storage driver. However, please notice that, as described in chapter "Acronis Universal Restore general principles" of the respective User's Guide, Acronis Universal Restore searches the Windows default driver storage folders (in the image being restored) for HAL and mass storage device drivers.

The Windows default driver storage folder is determined in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current version\DevicePath. This storage folder is usually WINDOWS/inf.

So, prior to creation of the image you can place all the necessary drivers there, and they will be found.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.