TrueImage won't allow FTP destination?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jdiowjwie, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdiowjwie

jdiowjwie Registered Member

I recently purchased Acronis TrueImage Home 2009 for the purpose of backing up to FTP server.

After adding a FTP server via the Backup Wizard, I am not able to select the FTP location to begin backup. Here is the process I am following:

- Selected local source folder for backup
    - Selected "Create a new backup archive"
    - "Browse" > "Create FTP Connection"
    - Path: ftp.myserver.com
    - Port: 21 (default)
    - username & password "Connected Successfully" in test.
    -"Filename" field now displays "ftp://ftp.myserver.com/
    -The "OK" button is grayed out even if I type a file name
    - "Generate Name" producers an error: "You cannot create files in the folder "ftp://ftp.myserver.com/". Please chose another location."

I have tried selecting a subfolder or simply entering a file name without the path, with no success.

Please support this issue. The basic functionality of the product is not working.

Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jdiowjwie,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

There are several things you should know in order to set the backup operation to FTP server:

- FTP-server must allow passive mode for file transfers.
    - It is recommended that you change the source computer Firewall settings to open ports 20 and 21 for both TCP and UDP protocols and disable the Routing and Remote Access Windows service.
    - A backup file should be split for saving on an FTP server, recovery directly from an FTP server requires the archive to be split into files of no more than 2GB.

If you need a further clarification, please contact our Live chat service available here, our operators will help you.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. ebeighe

ebeighe Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem as original poster attempting to use (set up) and FTP destination, using ATI Home 2009.

None of the solutions offered above seem to help:

passive mode: the ftp account works fine with FireFTP in passive mode.
    firewall: other ftp's work fine (fireFtp, command line/dos ftp).
    backup file size: This is a tiny backup job, and it can't even get past "generat name" so I don't imagine it has anything to do with it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.