TrueImage Service Termination

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Modred, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modred

Modred Registered Member

I have had a series of ongoing problems with TrueImage 8.0. The one that seems to persist from build to build occurs when I exit TrueImage after creating an image of my system partition from within Windows. At that point, I get the following message: "Waiting for disconnection from the True Image Service." After 30 second or so, this message disappears, and I am able to continue use of the machine. However, when I try to shut down the computer, I get the following message: "End Program TrueImage Service." To proceed, I have to click on OK for Windows to terminate the service.

I don't have the time to troubleshoot this problem and have reverted to TrueImage 7 Build 638, which works without problem on my machine. However, I wondered if there might be a QUICK fix for this problem.

BTW, I was using the latest build of TrueImage 8.0. My machine is a Dell 4600 with 512 MB memory and a 120 GB Seagate SATA hard drive. I'm running Windows XP SP-2 with all updates.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I too have this problem from time to time. After I'm informed that the image has been completed the main TI screen shows a paused current schedule task icon. Deleting the the paused task seems to have no effect because after closing and reopening TI the paused task icon reappears. I find that logging out of the Windows session and then logging back in again returns the TI scheduler services to normal (until the next time it happens that is!!). This seemed to be a common problem with early builds of 7XX but it only happens to me very rarely with build 826.

Regards

3. Modred

Modred Registered Member

Menorcaman,

I had this problem 90% of the time with TI-8. This never involved the scheduler, though, so perhaps our problems are different.

I went back to TI-7 build 638. I have created images on 4 or 5 occasions and restored twice without a hitch. So, I'll stick with this for now.

Thanks for the reply.

Modred

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Modred,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Our Testing Lab is currently trying to reproduce the problem to let our Development Team fix it. As soon as we find the solution it will certainly be included into the new build and will be available at update page.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

If you guys have not already done so, try disconnecting from any networks and shutdown all anti-virus and firewall software. I occasionally gets strange process-hangs caused by my Zone Labs firewall.

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Is there any update on this problem? I have encountered this many times with the 903 build. I have had scheduled images refuse to run because the previous image, although it said, "completed successfully" had left the trueimageservice running.

7. Acronis Support

Hello TheWeaz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe whether the problem appears with manual or scheduled backups? Also please let us know what happens if you restart Acronis Scheduler2 Service (right click on "My Computer" -> "Manage" -> "Services")?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. TheWeaz

I've had it happen with both manual and scheduled backups. Since I don't trust scheduled backups to always run (since the one before it never stops), I've been doing most of the B/Us manually, so that's where I see it most often.
    The "backup completed successfully" window pops up but when I click to close it, the "Playing" arrow icon still remains on the task and no other task can be started.
    I have to "End Task" on TrueImageService.exe to clear the problem.
    I've never touched the Acronis Scheduler2 Service, and never noticed it had stopped (I believe it has always still been running), so I don't know what that happens on a restart. I will try that next time.

9. TheWeaz

I just ran an incremental B/U and the problem occurred. It said the image was created successfully, but upon closing that window the arrow icon remained. I exited TI and restarted the schedule2 service as you asked. Reopened IT and the icon was gone ... however I was NOT able to start another task. When I tried, I had a blank "Commit Pending Operations" window and "No backup started" in the lower right of the main window. I had 2 instances of TrueImageService.exe running. I canceled the current operation but the arrow icon remained, as did both TIServices.exes.
    After doing an "End Task" on both, I was then able to start another B/U.

PS - The second B/U just ended normally.

10. Acronis Support

Hello TheWeaz,

Some system do have the problem with the second backup. According to your description you have this particular problem. We are currently working on it. The workaround is to end the TrueImageMonitor.exe process in Task Manager after the image was created and launch it again from \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. TheWeaz

I don't think it's really a problem with a "second backup".
    If I have a backup scheduled for 3AM each morning and the TIService never ends after the Monday B/U, the B/U scheduled for Tuesday will not start. Nor will any B/U. The TIService must manually be terminated before any imaging can begin.
    I had one image of my C drive scheduled for 2 AM this morning and one for my D drive scheduled for 3 AM.
    The first finished fine but after the second B/U was done, the TIService kept running. If I hadn't caught this fact, the next scheduled B/U would not have run.
    This is a lot of work for automated scheduled B/Us.

12. milesjamie

milesjamie Guest

I am also seeing this problem with TrueImage 8 build 937.

I do run ZoneLabs free firewall, so per the above note, I'll try disabling that and see what happens...

13. TheWeaz

I do not run ZoneLabs, so this is not my problem.
    I have asked if this bug has been fixed in version 9, but have never received a response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.