Trueimage Linux 8, Fedora 4, SW Raid 1 snapapi crash on kernel greater than 2.6-8...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Urbok, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urbok

Urbok Registered Member

hello

I was interested on evaluation of truimage linux server 8 to backup my fedora 4 server.
    a customer of mine say that this great program works only with oldest fedora core 3 kernel 2.6-8....
    (he tried the last 946 release)
    with a kernel greater than this (example 2.6-12 of fedora core 4 or the latest of fedora3), the snapapi crash if you try to backup an MD (software raid 1) partition!!!
    no problem if you backup /dev/hda.

when this issue we'll be fixed?
    it's important that I can backup my raid MD partition.
    if you solve fast this issue I surely buy 5 server licence (3 windows and 2 linux)

thank again

2. Urbok

Urbok Registered Member

Is this a bug of acronis or of linux kernel?
    this occour also on fedora 3 with latest kernels (ex 2.6-13 etc etc)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Trueimage Linux 8, Fedora 4, SW Raid 1 snapapi crash on kernel greater than 2.6-8

Hello Urbok,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software for Linux.

Please issue the following commands:

uname -a
    dmesg
    cat /proc/mdstat
    cat /proc/partitions

Send the output after each of the commands to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. It will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. Urbok

Urbok Registered Member

hei, but noone in this forum have problems on a fedora 4 or a fedora 3 upgrade with latest kernel with linux software raido_O
    we have tested in a secondari server and the problem persist!!!
    downgrading kernel of fedora 3 to the default kernel (2.6.:cool: there's no problem!!!

let me know please

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  5. gcarlton

gcarlton Guest

Re: Trueimage Linux 8, Fedora 4, SW Raid 1 snapapi crash on kernel greater than 2.6-8

Yes, we have the exact same issue - Acronis crashes while trying to back up software raid 1 devices (e.g. /dev/mdX). We are on Fedora Core 4 2.6.12 and 2.6.13.

I suspect this can be very easily duplicated with a standard Fedora Core 4 install and software raid 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.