trueImage Deluxe - why can I find no reference to it?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AndyPandy, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Guest

I bought a magazine (PC Home) which proudly proclaimed "back up and restore your hard drive in one easy step...Acronis trueimage Deluxe."

I installed it.
    Registered it.
    Tried it.
    It doesn't.
    It stops with the error "Cannot create the image of C: because it is currently in use..."

I look on the Acronis website - it doesn't even recognise Trueimage Deluxe, let alone point me towards any help......

Cheesed off.

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

True Image Deluxe (TID) is an very old version of True Image - even older than my ancient True Image 6.0, so that is probably why you do not see it mentioned at Acronis' site. But you should be able to get it to work with the help of the friendly people here.

So - what operating system do you have?

Do you have more than one partition on your hard drive? E.g. a drive E, F and G?

Have you tried making a Rescue CD from TID?

3. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Guest

I have just loaded XP Pro - got everthing up to date, and wanted to make an image so that I could restore the machine to a decent state if anything goes belly up... I have a lil ole 40G drive, parted as 34Gb + 6Gb. this is a "play around" machine so I didn't want to spend loads on it... (XP has already cost me more than the machine... haha)

I have also tried creating an image from the boot CD, but when I try that way I get "The file name, location or format "D:\image.tib" is not valid...."

Am I right in guessing that TI Deluxe won't backup to different parts on the same disk?

cheers,

Andy

4. MiniMax

The 34 GB is your C-partition, and the 6 GB is your D-partition?

Which filesystem? NTFS on both? NTFS on C, and FAT32 on D?

If D is NTFS, that would explain why you where unable to save the image as D:\image.tib when using the Rescue CD, since the rescue environment can not write to NTFS - only read it.

5. Paresh

Paresh Guest

i bought the same mag. and am experiencing the same. not worth the hassle. in respect to deluxe - far from it!! (not happy)

6. Paresh

Paresh Guest

I have an NTFS C partition and a FAT32 D Partition. if youre able to i'd appreciate a little hel also. even though i turn off AntiVirus etc it still complains with the same message any gets "Cannot create the image of C: because it is currently in use...".

7. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, MiniMax

I think you will find that is incorrect, Ti can Write to NTFS from the BootCD.

I have no Fat file system on any HDD's and create and restore with no problem.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

8. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

In that case, boot from the recovery CD/floppies and make the image instead of trying to do it within Windows.

9. MiniMax

Hi TheQuest.

I am not infallable, but we were discussing TrueImage Deluxe, the version that came BEFORE my ancient TI 6.0. And unless my memory is failing me, I was unable to write to an NTFS partition with 6.0 and had to split my external disk into an NTFS part and an FAT32 part in order to use the 6.0 Rescue CD.

I am not up to speed on non-Windows NTFS implementations, but my impression is that NTFS-writing support in MS-DOS and Linux are as rare as Yeti sightings.

10. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, MiniMax

I stand corrected then, as I never had or used Ti Delux :oops: :D.
    But Ti6 did here.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.