TrueImage Creates Multiple 1kb Files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Barry41, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry41

Barry41 Registered Member

I recently upgraded to this version of TrueImage (Build 771) and I find it most disappointing. It doesn’t work! When I tried to do my first image/backup it created 47,804 files of 1kb each. I re-installed and tried again and the result was the same. I uninstalled it and re-installed my old version which works fine. I would appreciated any help anyone can provide.

My operating system is Windows 2000.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi

Did you split your image file manually rather than let TI 8.0 do it automatically? If so then the fixed size needs to be less than 1.9 GB.

Regards

3. Neil Maxwell

Neil Maxwell Registered Member

Mine is doing the same thing. I prefer to save my files as 4.3G for archiving. Are there any plans to change this back to the way it used to work?

Thanks!

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi

Archiving 4.3GB files to what?

Surely HDs should be left to split automatically, UDF formated DVD+/-RW should also be left to split automatically, ISO 9660 formated DVD+/-R & RW need files less than 2GB and CDs need files less than 650/700MB?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.