TrueImage comletely USELESS ? Can't restore !!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CreativeLabs, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreativeLabs

CreativeLabs Registered Member

TrueImage - Can't restore [SOLVED]

Had boot up restore problems, problem solved, if you ever get stuck in "loading" state when trying boot with acronis, read the solution in this thread.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Search here for messages dealing with True Image and Vista x64.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

No other program can restore an Acronis TI image, so you need to get TI to work.

When you need to restore a boot partition, True Image has to reboot into a Linux environment for USB support unless the image is on an internal drive. If the image is on an internal drive, you can use the Safe Media version of the Rescue CD which is a DOS environment.

The problem you are having is probably because the Linux environment doesn't support your computer's hardware. Unfortunately, that sometimes happens.

1. Are you using the latest build of TI 2009? That's build 9709. If not, upgrade to that and make a new Rescue CD.

2. Can you move the backup image to an internal hard drive (but not the partition that you need to restore)? If so, you can use the Safe Media option. If you didn't download and install the Safe Media option, you'll need to do that and make a new Rescue CD with both the Full and Safe versions.

If necessary, you can install TI 2009 on a different computer to do this. All the Rescue CDs from the same version and build are the same, so they can be created on any computer.

3. If the Safe version cannot be used or fails, you probably need to create a VistaPE boot disk with the TI 2009 plug -in. There are instructions on this forum on how to do that. The VistaPE disk boots into a Windows Vista environment instead of Linux or DOS. The Vista drivers should support your hardware.

Let us know how you progress in getting a satisfactory restore.

4. CreativeLabs

The Safe Media worked like a charm !!!! Incredible, I totally missed that. Thank you sir !!!

5. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Maybe you can (now) change the title of your post to something more polite to Acronis?

(to be honest it drew my attention in its current format)

Good that it works! I'm going to have to rely on a restore this weekend as well, but since I chose to clone the drive instead of making a proprietary Acronis image I think/hope that I'm safe anyway.

6. DwnNdrty

True Image is always full of surprises. Usually it is the Full, not the Safe, version that works. :rolleyes:

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

And what more could aperson want with seciruyty software but surprises ;)

8. DwnNdrty

I'm dreading what awaits me with True Image when I update my hardware to some of the modern stuff. I'm still using IDE drives and a generic 5-yr old motherboard. True Image seems to like that.

9. CreativeLabs

Small question:: So the safe media worked.. but what if I want to put that .tib file on a USB hard disk ? It won't get recognized by the Safe Media...
    Do I just plug in my Hard drive to an older Pentium 4 system ? I don't mind doing that, but will it work then ?

Making that VistaPE is too much trouble for me, I will see if anyone in my business can do those things. Is it legal to email me a link to pre-made vistape+acronis CD ? Let me know here, I will provide the uploader with a Premium account on Rapidshare/Uploading.com so he will have no trouble uploading it all in one piece, to a premium, unlimited DL account.

Thanks !

10. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I doubt if it is legal.

Why don't you contact Acronis via their Live Chat support mechanism and tell them of your problem. They will send you a .iso file with the appropriate Linux drivers/configuration for your system and you can burn it to CD. Many of others have used this method to correct the rescue CD problem.

Hopefully, the required changes will make it into the next version/build of TI.

11. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

OT:
    I'm reading this thread the first time.

I cannot recognise any sense concerning the first post of the thread starter :doubt:

I think he overwrite his first posting, right?

12. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Believe me, Mustang's new version of MustangVistaPE is well worth the $9.99 and there is very little time involved. If an old man like me says it's easy, it is easy to do.

Once I boot into the MustangVistaPE, I like being able to copy files from one drive to another or run chkdsk or mount an image. If you plan on using TI 2009 in a troubleshooting environment, it's a "no brainer".

Of course, the usual Acronis license rules still apply. One license for each computer.

For most computers, extra drivers are not necessary. If you have extra PCI or onboard controllers, adding these drivers is extremely easy. All this from a very satisfied Mustang customer.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  13. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I have created a Mustang VistaPE CD and the process was relatively simple. My TI rescue CDs have always worked well on my systems so I've never needed a Vista/BartPE disk for a recovery. However, I certainly do like having the disk for the file management functionality and extra "security" it provides.

14. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

A new version of Mustang's TI 2009 is eminent. It is easier to install and easier to use. My normal TrueImage Rescue CD's have always worked well without any need for PE. I bought Mustang's as "security" should I have a need but I am finding I like its other benefits so much, I am using it more than originally planned. The VistaPE certainly takes less time to create a backup archive than the normal TI Rescue CD.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.