TrueImage Bloatware?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NewKreation, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewKreation

NewKreation Registered Member

Acronis' TrueImage system requirements shows that only 20 MB of disk space is required. However, with 150 MB free on my Windows NT 4.0 Workstation with Service Pack 6, the installation stops and says the hard disk is full. :(

Is there another method of getting this software installed on my machine?

Thank you in advance. :thumb:

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Since the full download is around 76MB I guess that combined with opened files etc is killing you. Do you have a networked drive you can install from or perhaps a CD?

Time for a bigger HD!

3. NewKreation

NewKreation Registered Member

Funny thing is...I am installing from a network drive. :rolleyes: What's more I have now free'd up 185 MB and it is still saying:

Out of disk space -- Volume: 'C:'; required space: 164,153 KB;
    available space: 73,855 KB. Free some disk space and retry.​

This 1 GB hard drive is quite frustrating.

I found that the fancy *.msi installer creates a temporary file in the temp directory and that is what is filling up the hard drive.

I am currently attempting to copy those *.msi files to the networked drive to try and run them from there too.

I hope this works. :gack: (that is me, holding my breath)

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

The build 3567 download file has 80 074 116 bytes.
    Move the file to another drive, and run the installation from the other drive.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Install TrueImage on another computer and create the bootable Recovery CD.

Boot the system with the 1GB hard drive with the Recovery CD and either make and image or clone the drive to a larger hard drive. If you make an image store it on another hard drive on the system until you can restore it to the larger drive.

You can expand the partition on the larger drive when you do the clone or restore the image.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NewKreation,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that the information concerning the disk space required for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home installation provided on the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home System requirements page is not correct. Actually, it is outdated. I've forwarded this issue to our Web Team and they will certainly correct this information as soon as possible. We are very sorry for your inconvenience.

Please note that you can see the correct values for the disk space required for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home components installation on the respective screens of the software installation wizard (see the screen shots below).

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page helpful.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Attached Files:

7. Howard Kaikow

What gets installed in a Typical install?

8. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

I believe that a Typical Install has the Rescue Media Builder and the True Image components. Just no Bart PE ?

I forget, I was playing with the Corporate Workstation the other day

9. Howard Kaikow

For Win 2000, a Custom install includes Rescue builder and TI and not Bart PE.
    So there are not really any options.

Which also makes me wonder what is in a Complete install.

I sure hope that the Typical install includes the Rescue builder.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Howard,

We are sorry for the delay with the response.

RockyCore is correct, the 'Typical' installation contains Acronis True Image itself and Acronis Bootable Rescue Media Builder. The 'Complete' installation includes these two components plus Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE. The 'Custom' installation allows you to install the above mentioned components selectively.

Please be aware that, as it is clearly stated on the main page of the official Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) web site, "Bart's PE Builder helps you build a "BartPE" (Bart Preinstalled Environment) bootable Windows CD-Rom or DVD from the original Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 installation/setup CD, very suitable for PC maintenance tasks". In other words, there is not point in installing Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE under Windows 2000 as this operating system is not supported anyway. That's why Acronis True Image does not allow you to install BartPE plug-in under Windows 2000.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

11. Howard Kaikow

Most importantly, the Custom install allows one to choose WHERE to install the product.

Even if BartPE were available for Win 2000, I would have no use for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.