TrueImage 9.1 server demo on Win SBS 2003

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gmanea, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmanea

gmanea Registered Member

I get the following message:

The software you are installing for this hardware: ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE BACKUP EXPLORER has not passed the Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with this version of Windows. The hardware will not be installed. Contact your system administartor.

The only choice is O.K. and wen pressed the installation backs out!

Thanks!

2. gmanea

gmanea Registered Member

Hi!

I figured it out!

It was the Driver Signing setting in My Computer, Properties, Hardware

HOWEVER

this product's literature states that it is for Windows 2003!!! Why this problem?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gmanea,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that at the moment it is not possible to say what exactly has caused this problem. However, most likely the reason is that some Acronis True Image modules related to the virtual device named Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer are not in the list of the Microsoft officially certified drivers in your particular Windows installation for some reason.

If you want us to proceed with the investigation of this problem then please do the following:

- Uninstall Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image;

- Set the Driver Signing option in My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware back to it's original state;

- Launch the product installation file once more;

- Right-click on the "Install Acronis True Image" button and select "Extract";

- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";

- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

Where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.