TrueImage 9.0 Restore EXTREMELY Slow

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sendhimanemail, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sendhimanemail

sendhimanemail Registered Member

Hello all,

I have been a fan and a satisfied customer of TrueImage since version 8.x.

Then, when I upgraded to 9.0, the drive restore all of a sudden requires a reboot. The reboot then starts the Acronis Loader, which starts the drive restore.

But what used to take 45 minutes in version 8.x while within Windows XP, now takes nearly 3 hours (this is outside of XP, in the "Acronis Loader" environment).

What happened?!

My partition info is as follows:
    - Drive C: - Windows XP. Only used to run backups and do drive images of my D: drive.

- Drive D: - Windows Server 2003, NTFS.

Again, in v8.x, the backup/restore were about the same time (45mins). Now with v9.0, the backup is the same, but the restore is unacceptable!!!

I'm now considering switching to another package! :( I don't want to do this, but if I do not find some sort of solution, I'll have no choice.

If anyone has similar experiences or know of a fix, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. wtsitmn

wtsitmn Registered Member

Only three hours? You're lucky. Mine now takes OVER EIGHT. Just what the hell is going on here?!!! 8.0 recovery CD worked fine. SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike and wtsitmn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

If you encounter speed problems while creating, restoring or validating backups in Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is used, please follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

or just make a Bartpe BOOTCD ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.