TrueImage 8 scheduled backups problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mike Donatello, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Donatello

Mike Donatello Registered Member

I am having a TON of trouble getting TI to do a scheduled backup to a workgroup share.

I have an XP Home box on my network that I use as a basic server; computer name is "Server" and all the machines on the network belong to the workgroup "LAN" (no domain specified). All the server's drives are shared at the root level. No problems accessing any of the drives or folders from any machine or program, including TI for one-off backups. Since the one-offs work okay -- I'm doing one right now -- I know that TI can access the network share without problems.

When I create a scheduled task, I can specify the location of a new image file, say "\\Server\Nightly\Backup.tib", or choose an existing file to which I want an incremental backup appended. But, I get all the way to the end of the scheduling wizard and it keeps giving me fits about the username and password, regardless of the form I use.

Say the local account on the server box is "Mike" and the p/w is "ABX". I have an IDENTICAL local account on the machine to be imaged (i.e., "Mike" and "ABX"). When I try to enter this info in the last screen of the scheduling wizard, it tells me that the logon info is wrong. This happens whether I specify a username of "Mike" or "Server\Mike" or "LAN\Mike". If I click through the warning to complete the task anyway, I can complete the schedule creation. But when I try to run the task as a test, I get the error "Logon failure: unknown user name or password."

BTW, this happens whether I enter the username and password in TI's window for specifying network logon, early in the scheduling wizard, or whether I choose the option to have TI try to log on automatically.

I've tried everything -- using the "Administrator" username and password, not specifying a password -- nothing works. Lots of folks have posted about username and p/w trouble here, but I can't find any suggested fix that works in my case. Any ideas?

2. Mike Donatello

Anybody? I can't get the scheduled backups to work at all because of this.

3. yic

yic Guest

I posted earlier about the managment console locking out my domain useraccounts. Not sure if this is related but I called Acronis support (which I was very dissapointed with) and they say they are aware of authenication issues with the management console and it will be addressed in the next build.

4. Mike Donatello

I just got contacted by support after submitting a request, and sent them about a dozen screenshots detailing the problem. This is really frustrating -- a backup solution that won't execute scheduled jobs. I really do not want to resort back to Drive Image, especially after I just paid for TI8. :mad:

5. jjeppson

jjeppson Registered Member

I'm having the exact same problem. I have the latest build. Is there any solutiono_O

6. Mike Donatello

After several exchanges with support, I think there is a solution -- however couterintuitive. In the username field, enter "ADMINISTRATOR" and then the admin password. That seemed to work for me.

Post back with your results.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

You need to enter the account info for the user who has enough rights to schedule tasks in Windows. Administrator always has enough rights while other user accounts may not.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Soc

Soc Registered Member

Hi mike,

i have the same problem with the german version, but your solution don't resolve the problem.
    any other hints ?

best regards

Andreas

9. Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike Registered Member

Absolutely no clue, sorry. Suggest you contact support, but be prepared for some back-and-forth before you get a resolution.

Good luck.

10. collisba

collisba Registered Member

I had the same problem with TI enterprise, build 1124. I ended up going back to build 945 and scheduling worked for me. I did notice that if I didn't schedule the job, it would run thru without a problem when I started manually. You might give this a try to see if you can at least get a job going.

Until this is fixed, you might try writing a batch file to run the program, and using XP's task scheduler to kick the backup off.

Wish I could be of more help,

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.