Trueimage 8.0 on Win XP reboots instead of doing requested operations

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tpatrick24, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpatrick24

tpatrick24 Registered Member

Hy,

I have installed trueimage 8.0 on a fresh installed Win XP SP2 on IBM Thinkpad R30.

I made an image of the os-partition (C:).

If i try to restore the system from the images using trueimage installed on C: the software asks me to reboot. After rebooting acronis rescue software is loaded (not win xp). And till now everything is OK. If then i try to do the restore i will be asked to choose the partition to replace and after that the software reboots the machine without doing the restore. And then XP is loaded again. No restore is being done.

When i try to restore this image with trueimage rescue-cd the system also reboots instead of searching the image-files.

What is the reason for this?

On the machine there is installed only Win XP SP2. No other IBM specific software, no firewall is active, no antivirus.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  2. wolfgang_362

wolfgang_362 Registered Member

Is the image located on the same partition you want to restore? If not, have you tried the latest build of TI8?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Not sure whether it'll help but have a look at this previous <thread>, in particular the USB legacy FDD solution posted by Gordon.

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. tpatrick24

tpatrick24 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.