TrueImage 7 server - disk errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by deadmandan, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadmandan

deadmandan Registered Member

As you execute the application, True Image analyses the disks, bringing up numerous amounts of errors reading from several disks.

Examples as follows;-

Failed to Read from Secor 0 of Hard Disk 0
    Failed to Read from Secor 0 of Hard Disk 2
    Failed to Read from Secor 0 of Hard Disk 3
    Failed to Read from Sector 10,158,589 of Hard Disk 2
    Failed to Read from Sector 45,656,128 of Hard Disk 2
    Failed to Read from Sector 68,174,193 of Hard Disk 3

These errors also appear when you try to record an image, although ignoring the events will still allow the image to be taken.

The server is self is running Veritas Clustering and is acting as the Active Node. Any known issues with Veritas Clustering and TrueImage?

I was gong to update to latest build but wanted to find out whether this was a known error with True Image or maybe hardware related, although there are no reported errors in Windows 2000 that support this conclusion.

once again - any help much appreciated.

Dan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dan --

I see almost the same message in the original Acronis Support, but asked by some other persons, would you like me to answer via this forum or through the original support? Are you connected somehow?

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. deadmandan

deadmandan Registered Member

We were experiencing slow response times when logging calls with Aronis, so we decided to post and see if we could get this issue resolved quicker. We had logged this on the 20th.

Dan

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

I'll answer through the main Acronis Support then.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

5. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

Dan,

Don't know if this will help at all in your case but I had essentially the same scenario going on. Have my primary drive split into 4 partitions and was getting the same messages (random sector numbers) during the analyzation phase. Had to "shame" Acronis into getting their support act together and coming up with a solution (had been going on for over a month). At any rate, they had me enable driver logging and through the report generated, they determined that I had "some" bad blocks on Disk-1 (I believe the bad blocks were in Partition-2 free space). Now, I run 3 OS's and all the software that one could want (within reason!) and never had an issue other than this one. Chkdsk/Peter Disk Doctor came up with nothing. Did a low-level format mapping the bad to the reserved area, verified the fixes with a full surface scan and then restored the HDD to its original config. Ran Chkdsk with the /r switch on all my Win partitions and they all verified 100%. This was all done yesterday! I have launched TrueImage and PartitionExpert (had the problem there too) every chance I get both in 2K and XP and have not seen the error message come up since. Don't know for sure yet (it was random) but it is looking good at this point.

Mike *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.