TrueImage 11 severe memory leak problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by markhoff, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markhoff

markhoff Registered Member

Hello all,

some days ago I bought TI11 and I have found a severe memory leak problem which is caused by tishell.dll or timounter.dll. My TI11 version is German 8.064, installed on WinXP SP2 German (including all additional required updates).

In detail, the problem is that the explorer.exe consumes all available memory (up to 2GB observed in the task manager), in worst case causing other jobs to crash. The problem appears if a large amount of files is selected for an operation (e.g. file delete), it can be reproduced with the following steps (using the plain desktop, no tools like Norton Commander or similar):
    0) start a monitor tool like taskmanager or process explorer
    1) create a directory (e.g. "test") on one of your harddisk drives
    2) copy ~9000 files into the directory (no subdirectories!)
    3) enter the directory
    4) select all files in the directory (by menu or Ctrl-A)
    5) press "DEL" (or click right mouse button if the mouse is over the highlighted filenames to open popup-menu)

=> Effect:
    you will observe in the monitor tool that the memory usage of the explorer.exe increases suddenly into the GB range, and in most cases the DEL command will not be executed. Also after closing the directory window the allocated memory will not be released. The only chance to get the memory free is to kill explorer.exe or to logout from the user account.

My investigation showed that tishell.dll and timounter.dll are loaded by explorer.exe exactly at step 5) on a fresh started machine. After removing these two files the procedure above works well, which confirms that the problem is related to TI11.

Did anybody else observe the same problem?

Best regards,
    Markus

2. SammelAugust

SammelAugust Guest

Hi,

I'm observing this problem too. I've already opened a case at Acronis support but did not yet get a helpfull workaround nor a fix. But I'm still in the loop and the Support is answering on a regular base.

I observe this problem only if the backup area size exceeds the specified value. The AcronisTrueImagesService.exe either fails with a "C++ Runtime Error" or Acronis reports a "failure to clone backup"

I'm investigating on this incident since about 2 weeks.

Hope to see progress soon
    kind regards
    SammelAugust

3. markhoff

markhoff Registered Member

SammelAugust, thanks for your feedback!

So let's hope that this issue is fixed by Acronis soon ...

Regards,
    Markus

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello markhoff,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create a screenshot showing the problem.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SammelAugust,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.