TrueImage 11 is worse than 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blablub, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blablub

blablub Registered Member

Hi!
    I had true image 8 on a xp PC. Everything worked perfectly. Now I installed Version 11 on a vista machine. First I tested it. Then I bought It and installed it. The first thing was, it told me to buy it after (!) I typed in the registration Code.
    After solving this Problem I tried to create a backup on an external Drive. It kept staying at 0%. After 1 hour I cancelled. I tried several times more with the same result. Evem creating on the home drive on an other partition doesnt work.

I thought it would be good to test it on a XP machine. I tried to create a Backup with the boot cd. I have a RAID0 system. With the Version 8 it worked perfektly.
    With the new 11: Crash. It didn't show my drives. Just crashed.

Seems Acronis is going to step backward from a good product to a wreck of software which doenst work a all.

I've send back my license. Goodbeye Acronis!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Version 9 and especially 10 were pretty solid releases. Ver 10 is by far my favorite so far.

Ver 11 should never have been put on the market, imo. Verdict still out on 12/2009 but the probs so far don't make it look promising. It's essentially a mostly fixed version of 11 but with new features and some new probs, and missing some features.

3. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

Version 11 on Vista is just a reliable as Version 8 on Win98SE, but the program frills do NOT work reliably. I use both. Sometimes the progress counter will work fine in Version 11, and other times move in weird increments, and other times not move at all. Simply ignore the progress counter. Acronis will tell you when it is finished, and the backup will be just fine. It takes an average of about one minute per Gigabyte of backup. So if your Vista machine has about 60 Gigs to backup an hour is about right. But it depends on what you are backing up to. DVD backup is much much slower. I encourage an external USB drive for backups.

Good luck.

4. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Hahaha, I agree, this enterprise is crazy, I used to use Acronis 7 then I got Acronis 8 and its worse then 7, use 7 it is the best. :D :D :D Old brooms sweep better.

If I get the possibility to check and compare these versions I will do so, I think this could be exactly like you said.
    I read about some superfluous features of version 11.

5. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

Is this true even with the July 3, 2008 build update to 8101?

~Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.