TrueImage 11 Home and SATA support?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dariovolaric, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dariovolaric

dariovolaric Registered Member

Hi,

I am in need for a backup solution and I was considering Acronis TrueImage 11. I downloaded a trial version and it worked like a charm. However, ever since I upgraded from an IDE disk to a SATA disk, I cannot seem to restore the image. When TI reboots and tries to restore the image, it hangs in the window where it is supposed to restore the image. I could not figure out why it did that untill I plugged the SATA disk into another computer and have TI restore the image from within Windows.

Figured (also read in another thread about Norton Ghost 14) that TI has issues with SATA drivers. This makes sense since the restore went fine within windows, but not from the Acronis Bootloader.

When will TI finally support SATA controllers? I rather not use Norton Ghost but if it is the only one that supports SATA controllers from within it's own OS, then I'm afraid I have to.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

ATI111 works on some of the newer ones and not others. Unlike versin 10, ideoesn't owrk on some of the older ones either.

If ATI works okay in windows but not when you restore, consider making a VistaPE disk instead of the ATI Boot CD or recovery manager. You don't have to own or use Vista and allows you you to boot off a CD, and run ATI under windows, even for restore.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dariovolaric,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acornis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.