TrueImage 10 image restored - disk will not boot?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mschultz, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschultz

mschultz Registered Member

I have just restored a disk using a backup taken with TrueImage 10 - the disk appears fine but it will not boot.

I have never had this problem before with version 8 or 9 - please can you suggest a solution?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What do you see when you try to boot from the drive? What messages appear on the screen before it stops booting.

What is the partitioning of the drive you are working on. Did you restore just the C partition or the entire drive?

Was this a new drive just purchased that you restored to or was it a good drive that you restored to to test the process?

3. mschultz

mschultz Registered Member

In response to your questions:-

1. After the HP BIOS screen the cursor goes into the top left of the screen and stays there. There are no messages on the screen.
    2. The image I attempted to restore was to the same disk with the same geometry. I was restoring the whole disk comprising two partitions - the C: partition plus the "MBR and Track 0".
    3. I am getting a replacement disk from HP on Monday as I suspect the disk may be faulty BUT if you re-install XP from the installation disks it boots and is stable?

Thanks,

Martin

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.