Truecrypt with non-system partitioned drives

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by kevvyb2005, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevvyb2005

kevvyb2005 Registered Member

Hi

Having thought about it for a long while I have finally got around to encrypting the system drive (incl data partition) on my laptop with Truecrypt.

My desktop has two drives. I have similarly encrypted the drive 0 which is the system drive. So far so good.

Now to secure the copy of my data that is mirrored from drive 0 to drive 1, I want to encrypt that too. Drive 1 has two partitions, the first for the pagefile for the system drive and the second for a copy of my data.

I am Running Win7 x64 and also have external backups for all my data.

1. How should I go about encrypting drive 1?
    2. Do I need to remove the pagefile partition to encrypt the whole drive?
    3. Do I understand correctly that this will wipe my data unlike the system drive encryption?
    4. I would also like to continue to have the drive letter(s) for this drive to follow on as it now does from those on Drive 0. Is that possible?
    5. When I eventually get there, if I want to mount drive 1 when the system is booted should I use the same or a different password to that for drive 0, or doesn't it matter?

If necessary I am willing to return the pagefile to the system drive, even if temporarily until I decide if I should install a dedicated smaller drive for the pagefile. I think securing my data should my PC walk out the door without me is more important.

Thank you in advance to anyone who may be able to clarify for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.