Truecrypt Reboot says need to format the Disk

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I Encypted an entire 200gb exertnal Drive with TrueCrypt, and everything was working great. I mounted the partition using Auto-Mount devices, and chose a drive letter. Still no problems. I had more than 1 external drive connected by usb 2.0 to the same computer, and I needed to unplug one of the drives to use my flash drive. I accidentally unplugged the encrypted drive while the drive was still mounted. I got an error message, and I do not remember what it said. I was still able to remount the drive and access my data, but with an error message. It ask me if I wanted to let windows scan the partition to correct any errors on the partition. I didn't use windows to correct the partition because in my experience in the past windows made me loss data under similar situations. Ok, so i copy all the content of my encrypted drive to another external drive, and reencrypt the drive using the option to encrypt a non system partition drive. I then copy the data back to the encrypted drive. Now each time i reboot my computer I get a prompt saying " you need to format the disk in drive I before you can use it. Do you want to format. I did not get this prompt until now. I'm worried that someone else or maybe even I may accidentally reformat the drive if I continue to get this prompt at boot. I'm using W7 64bit. What can i do so windows does not continue to give this prompt each time I reboot.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.