Truecrypt Problem

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by Cedric48, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cedric48

Cedric48 Registered Member

I see a thread telling me a Truecrypt forum exists, but no link to it. My Google search for such brought me to Wilders. And the same discussion asked for an Encryption forum or a Truecrypt one, so:
    Q1) Where should this question be posted - if not here, could someone please move it to the correct place?

Problem
    I run Vista Business 32-bit. Last week, suddenly every time I boot, early in the boot process a Truecrypt screen comes up, wanting a password (see attached photo). Fortunately I can get out ot it by hitting esc, but it is a pain having to do this for every startup.
    Truecrypt does not appear in the Start button list of programs, nor in Control panel's list.
    I have no idea how it got onto my system.
    Q2) Can anyone tell me how to at least disable this screen so my system boots to my user account without stopping part way, or better still how can I remove Truecrypt completely?

Attached Files:

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

3. dantz

dantz Registered Member

Looks like you're booting to the TrueCrypt rescue disk. Have you checked your CD/DVD drive?

4. Cedric48

Cedric48 Registered Member

Thanks Dantz,
    Yes you guessed correctly.
    Windows Explorer shows the DVD contains 1 *.ini file of 142 bytes in size.
    But checking Computer Management shows the contents of the disk are 3.99GB - no doubt a TrueCrypt disk someone once made, which I thought was an empty disk.

So, problem solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.