TrueCrypt Forgotten Password

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by Forgotten_nix, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_nix

Forgotten_nix Registered Member

Well this is embarrassing, If i hadn't been over paranoid i wouldn't be here right now. Anyway, moving on to the problem.

I had 1GB TrueCrypt Volume to store personal stuff of mine(shared laptop), and i had to add more content to it which exceeded 1GB, it wasn't dynamic volume so i just created new 2GB volume(BIG mistake) and moved all my stuff to 2GB volume, and at the end i replaced the 1GB with 2GB volume(same file name, yeah i know i should've kept old one as backup).

All that happened a month back on Christmas, today i tried to open 2GB Volume and i don't remember the password, i remember the keyfiles cuz i used the same one's for old volume. Unfortunate or i was over paranoid, i SHOULDN'T have added new password that i would forget. Only thing i remember is TrueCrypt throwing warning PASSWORD is too short, and also i remember i used '#' as one of the characters.

Details of the volume i remember:
    Encryption : Serpent-Twofish-AES
    Hash : SHA-512
    I've all keyfiles
    Password is relatively short and has '#'.

People, is there a way to Decrypt the volume, the pics, vids i've in it are of greater value to me. I've most content, as i had a back up, but recent pics are i'm worried about.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.