TrueCrypt Forgotten Password

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by Forgotten_nix, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_nix

Forgotten_nix Registered Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Well this is embarrassing, If i hadn't been over paranoid i wouldn't be here right now. Anyway, moving on to the problem.

I had 1GB TrueCrypt Volume to store personal stuff of mine(shared laptop), and i had to add more content to it which exceeded 1GB, it wasn't dynamic volume so i just created new 2GB volume(BIG mistake) and moved all my stuff to 2GB volume, and at the end i replaced the 1GB with 2GB volume(same file name, yeah i know i should've kept old one as backup).

All that happened a month back on Christmas, today i tried to open 2GB Volume and i don't remember the password, i remember the keyfiles cuz i used the same one's for old volume. Unfortunate or i was over paranoid, i SHOULDN'T have added new password that i would forget. Only thing i remember is TrueCrypt throwing warning PASSWORD is too short, and also i remember i used '#' as one of the characters.

Details of the volume i remember:
    Encryption : Serpent-Twofish-AES
    Hash : SHA-512
    I've all keyfiles
    Password is relatively short and has '#'.

People, is there a way to Decrypt the volume, the pics, vids i've in it are of greater value to me. I've most content, as i had a back up, but recent pics are i'm worried about.

Thank you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.