truecrypt force dismount?

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by cooldays, Feb 15, 2015.

1. cooldays

cooldays Registered Member

I have been using truecrypt for 2 years and love it. I just encrypt folders and not the system.

Just recently it has started telling me another program is using one of my files and then asks if I want to force a dismount? I make sure all my documents and folders are closed but feel something in the system or in Microsoft word the program I use mostly is messing with some of my files.

Can anyone help me? I keep forcing the dismount. What should I check before dismounting to make sure that I can close safely? thanks! Cooldays

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

You didn't say which OS you are using so I'll assume its windows. You might easily determine which program is still running and connected by opening the task manager (Ctrl Alt Del simultaneously). It will display your running/open processes. Maybe it'll stand out. If you close the suspected program/application using task manager, and then TC closes without a force dismount you have your answer. Its a safe test.

Once you find the program/issue you can post back here and we can try to help you if need some assist with this. At that point its not really a TC issue, but simply removing the "lock"/target on the open volume. Word is notorious.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.