Truecrypt decryption issue

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by Goatamon, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Goatamon

Goatamon Registered Member

Hello everyone!

A while back I encrypted a 1.8tb external drive with truecrypt. Last week, I got an SSD and reinstalled windows, and in the process found out that truecrypt was essentially "over" and no longer safe to use. So I started decrypting my drives so I could re-encrypt them with another software.

All the other drives decrypted no problem at all. My external HDD's decryption was paused when I restarted my computer (this is perfectly safe according to truecrypt, shouldn't damage anything). However, now when I try to resume the decryption, the progress bar is essentially stuck and truecrypt crashes. I even left it running over night, and when I came back to it, it hadn't moved at all and trying to exit the process causes the whole software to screw up so bad I can't even shut it down.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you!

2. JohnMiller

JohnMiller Registered Member

TrueCrypt is still safe as long as you use a stable reviewed version. As for the decryption are you using the most recent or a older build?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.