Truecrypt and Vista problem

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by daiver, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daiver

daiver Registered Member

Hi guys!

I'm trying to run Truecrypt with Vista and I'm running into a problem. There's not much info on this when I googled for it, so I hope you can help.

I encrypted the entire drive that holds the operating system and that worked flawlessly.

Following that, I created an encrypted volume (a file, not the entire HD) in my RAID1 HD. Whenever I boot my machine, I can mount it normally ONCE. If I dismount the volume, I can only mount it again using read-only. Nothing else seems to work and I get the following error if I try to do anything else:
    If I try to mount anyway, I get:

I really don't understand because the volume is not mounted and I don't have anything open that might be using it.

I'm using Vista Ultimate.

Any suggestions?

2. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

Try using a program like Unlocker and see what process is keeping that file open would be my first suggestion.

The TC forums which is a more likely to have an answer has been down for days now. Hopefully it will back up soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.