Truecrypt and LiveCD Ubunto, etc?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by SorryIDidntReg, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know if Truecrypt is available on any of the Live CD Linux distros? I have Truecrypt on a BartPE disc, but I'm really getting into these Linux LiveCDs. I wish Ubuntu had Truecrypt. I encrypt all my data files in a container or partition and would LOVE to have access to them with a LiveCD. Anyone know?

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

yes you can use Truecrypt with the Ubuntu livecd, but it doesn't come on the livecd and the latest Truecrypt version isn't compatible with Ubuntu's kernel so you'd have to use an older livecd, or recompile the kernel

to put Truecrypt on the cd you'd have to mount the compressed loopback file used in the .iso, that's the file where the filesystem for livecds is - the loopback file is mounted instead of the filesystem. you can then put truecrypt on the .iso, then put it all back together again making sure it's bootable. i've got the instructions here, you need to do it from an installed Linux though, it's doesn't look too complicated, but i haven't ever done it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.