TrueCrypt - admin powers = ?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by sfi, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sfi

sfi Registered Member

I have been using TrueCrypt in the traveler mode for around a month. I like their system but I hit a wall when I use it on another PC without admin privileges. Is there a software that can bypass this?

I have tried using TCExplorer but it doesn't support any TrueCrypt Volumes after v4.3.

Any Ideas?

2. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

Now that the TC Devs have started to alienate their followers, I don't forsee any signs of this limitation being overcome at any point.

Apollogies. If you have to use other systems without admin rights, may I suggest IronKey since its self contained and doesn't require Admin Rights.

3. sfi

sfi Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion!:D

4. Squeller

Squeller Registered Member

ROTFL. Do they? Wouldn't be too surprising, because this is the way everything goes. You grow into the project, feel more and more godlike and the distance to your "customers" grows and grows. Finally loss of contact and stop of the project.

My experience with free projects and www forums.

5. KookyMan

*Shrugs... I don't know the reasoning behind it, but the forums have been locked down to a point where to use them you have to register, using a non free email account (no hotmail/yahoo), there are no on-forum PMs except to admins, and pretty much you are restricted to asking "pure" TC questions for the current version only. In the past there were supported add ons (even the TC Devs supported them because they used TC itself and added functionality) and now if you mention them its a bannable offense.

There are also some bugs that have been present for far to long. (Backing up headers for hidden containers that use keyfiles is not possible at this point. Its been a known issue for months.)

6. jandy

jandy Registered Member

Have you tried installing TrueCrypt on the computer first? I don't think it needs Admin rights unless it's running in traveler mode. You may not be able to install anything since that requires Admin rights, but it's an idea.

7. KookyMan

Jandy, he needs to go from machine to machine, so unless he can arrange to have all those machines installed ahead of time, which is unlikely.

8. sfi

sfi Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.