True Image workstation - no ability to manage overall backup files size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oliver_c, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliver_c

oliver_c Registered Member

1) I have no option and cannot locate any parameter to set the overall size of total backup files for a given volume. I have several volumes being backup daily to incremental files that account approx to 2gb per day each. Although I have purchase 2 Tb of nas only for these daily security file backup, I am reaching the max after a couple of weeks.

I sent a request to acronis support and got a one line response:"use backup server". After looking for this I finally found out an exe file with that name that I clicked and nothing is happening. I am under win xp pro sr2. Sorry but that looked like such a basic feature that I can hardly understand why one would have to be an engineer to manage to save his files.

2) since installation of this software, some disks (multiple raid high-end workstation) are not accessible by other workstation on my network. This is a very disappointing software so far...

Please advise.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oliver_c,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as it was mentioned by Acronis Support engineers the ability to automatically manages backup archives, stored on a computer, in accordance with the rules you have set belongs to Acronis Backup Server (a component of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation). You can find information about it in chapter 3.5 "Acronis Backup Server" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

Note that you should fist install Acronis Backup Server to use it. Check chapter 2.1.3 "Acronis Backup Server installation and setup" to find the instructions on how to install this component of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

Please also be aware that you should use the same build to install Acronis True Image components, such as Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers, Acronis Universal Restore as it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly. Also it is recommended to create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

To get access to updates you should first register your software. Currently, the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation is 3887.

Please have a look at this previous post that contains instruction on how to solve the issue.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.