True Image won't wake my computer to run backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by geklingel, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geklingel

geklingel Registered Member

At startup True Image starts "trueImagemonitor" and "Timountermonitor"
    tasks. What are these tasks for? I cannot get the application to wake up the system to run a scheduled backup nor can I find a setting in the programs that would tell the application to wake up the system for a scheduled backup. Is there a setting for waking up the system? If not why should I let the tasks metioned above start? What good is scheduling a backup for 2AM in the morning if the application can't wake up the computer to run it?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The most reliable way to be able to wake a PC and run ATI backups is to create a task that runs manually and then create a Windows Scheduler task to run the ATI task at the desired times and be sure to check the box for Wake PC from Standby to run this task.

3. geklingel

Thanks for the help shieber, it got me on the right track. I finally got the Scheduled Task to run with the following properties::D

RUN:
    "C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeService.exe" /script:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\8D078BE9-C2B8-4EE6-A85D-A179AE31FD17.tib.tis"

START IN:
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome"

4. geklingel

As an addendum to my last post the backup task ran OK however the task manager in Aconis does not show that the task ran even though a log was created. to fix this problem I have an alternate solution that I will post as a new thread entitled

How to automatically run a backup and then shutdown your computer at night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.