True Image Upgrade

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dsmail, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsmail

dsmail Registered Member

I'm a registered user of TI9 Home. I have a new laptop with Vista which will require TI11 Home. Question is: will I be able to purchase the upgrade ver to 11, install ver 9 on the laptop and then apply the upgrade. Only reason I ask is that ver 9 is not compatible with Vista, but will it allow the install routine that will open the door to the version 11 upgrade? If not then I'd be forced to buy the full ver 11 at a greater cost which I'd obviously prefer to avoid if possible.

Thanks

Dave

2. stephenrc

stephenrc Registered Member

For versions 9 and 10 upgrades, you just needed two serial numbers. The serial from the version you're upgrading from and the new one to install the upgrade.

The installer prompted for the old serial number after entering in the new upgrade serial number.

Stephen

3. dsmail

dsmail Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Further reading reveals that a clean install using the ver 11 upgrade is better than insalling over the top of ver 9.

Dave

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Un-install any old version before installing any new version. Save your old backup files as they are still usable. The upgrade is a standalone version but does require prior serial numbers.

5. dsmail

dsmail Registered Member

That clarifies it. Thanks

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.