True Image Server Restore won't Boot Raid 5

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by davidmckee, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidmckee

davidmckee Registered Member

I backup my server using acronis True Imager Server 9.1 using the backup all files and partions option. Created a boot cd then installed backup hard drives 3 in Raid 5 Configuration in Dell Poweredge Server. Restore looked like all was well except it appeared that it was restoring C>D and D>E I guest this meant it was changing my drive letters? Got a successful restore message and tried to boot but it did not boot? The Raid controller did not recognize the drives at boot sequence. Put my 3 original drives in and back up and running. This is for my disaster recovery plan fast restore to 3 new drives. Is there anything special that needs to be done to get the new drives to boot and be recognized by the Raid Controller?

2. DCVoltZ

DCVoltZ Registered Member

I have The Same Problem on my server exactly to the letter
    windows 2003 server 1600sc Dell Server
    Acronis server 9.1

Did a full backup and verified restored and it will not bootupo_O
    HELP!!!!o_O

3. 5ascent0

5ascent0 Registered Member

Working on a migration from a Gateway box to Dell right now and having issues with pciide.sys, and acpiac.... in the log not being found - although they are there - when the restore fails. Tried using Universal Restore and picked every driver it would need.

Worked flawlessly from Dell 1500SC RAID1 to HP DL360 RAID 1.

Now I remember why I no longer use Dell servers. They should stick with workstations.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello davidmckee,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

In order to investigate this issue could you please gather Acronis Report to the floppy disk and then get it form it like it is described there and send it to us (support@acronis.com) along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.