True Image Server 9.1 questions.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Converter, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Converter

Converter Registered Member

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me:

1. Is it possible for me to create a bootable CD of the TI and use that on other machines to make hard drive images instead of installing the software on each computer I want to make image of?

2. Since I can not create hard drive image on a DVD and make it bootable (like put DVD with HD image in DVD drive, reboot and restore in one motion) because TI does not write directly to a DVD media, can anyone tell me how a DVD with a HD image works? Do I put TI bootable CD first and then the DVD with the HD image? Is that correct? After a completely system crash of course.

I had no chance yet to test it. And of course it's much easier if someone that already knows all this can point you in the right direction.

Thank you for your time.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

If the image is small enough to fit on a dvd, then you can do what you want. There is an entire thread here on how to do it. So if you still want to try it, do a search for it.

3. Converter

Converter Registered Member

Thanks Chutsman. I found the thread on how to do it. It took me a while to get used to, to the layout of this forum.

How about the question 1? Can I create an image of a hard drive without installing the TI software on that computer? Just by using the TI bootable CD?

Thanks again.

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

The bootable cd is not specific to the system that created it. However the EULA for TI requires that each system must have it's own purchased copy of TI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.