True Image Server 8.0 for Windows Hangs..??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rickgsx, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickgsx

Rickgsx Registered Member

I am currently using Acronis True Image Server 8.0 (build 903) for Windows. I am attempting to image an IBM 365 server running Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition, with 8GB of memory, (2)36GB mirrored drives, and (3)74GB (RAID5).

After booting from the CD and clicking "create image", I receive an hour glass, however it appears as thought the systems is locked up (no mouse control and no drive activity). I waited for over 2 hours, thinking that maybe it was looking at the data on the drives, and still no activity. I rebooted from the CD once again and the same thing happened.

My documentation states the "supported" operating systems are Windows
    2000, Windows 2000 Advance Server and Windows 2003 server. Please note, it does NOT state Standard or Enterprise Server...?? My concern was that this version of TIS 8.0 does not with with 2003 ES. I was told via Acronis tech support that there was no Operating System concerns or hardware concerns given my configuration. HOWEVER, when I removed 4GB of memory to bring the total amount of memory in the machine to 4GB the CD worked...

Has anyone experienced this issue... My next test will be on QUAD processors...

Any thoughts and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rick,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image Server is compatible with any edition of Windows 2003 Server. It is designed particularly for server operating system and should work properly with them. Could you please describe whether there is no problem on 4Gb of RAM under Windows as well as when you use Acronis Bootable CD? It seems that there is a problem with RAM modules or the motherboard. Does your motherboard support 8Gb of RAM (usual limitation of modern motherboards is 4Gb but you may have some special model)?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Rickgsx

Rickgsx Registered Member

Ilya... thank you for your reply back..

Yes, the server had 8GB of total memory. When I removed 4GB of memory, leaving 4 in the server, the Acronis Bootable CD worked fine. As I mentioned, the server is an IBM 365 eServer... the BIOS is up todate and the server has been working fine with no issues.

I'm concerned as we have alot of high-end servers (i.e. 6GB or more of RAM, Quad processors, SAN's etc..). I am in the process of testing the Acronis product to work in our environment.

If you could please look into any potential issues and get back to me that would be great...

Thank you again,

Rick

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rick,

As Ilya has already said the problem might be caused by the faulty RAM module(s).

Could you please replace the current 4GB of RAM with the other 4GB that you disconnected earlier and see if there would be any issues with the work of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows in this case?

Please also tell me if Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows works properly from under Windows, after you have decreased the size of RAM.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.